Vittoria Zaffiro tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fifelad

Veteran
Arggh what a job I had putting this back on while out and sufferred a p**ture today. Got most of the tyre on by hand but had to put the last bit on with tyre levers and then nipped the tube and had to do it all over again ! Anyone else had bother with these tyres?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Yep - the Fulcrum 5's came with Vittorio Zaffiro Pro Slick tyres. Interesting in the wet and a pain to remove. They're in the shed whilst I run the Conti 4000s's.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
upgrade to the Vitorria Rubinos. Much better tyre for not that much more dosh wise.
Save the Zafirro's for emergency spares.

My only experience of vittoria is rubino's. I can't remember how difficult they were to fit as I don't recall them ever p'turing. I didn't like their grip though but I heard similar reviews and folk saying they are grippy :wacko:
I forget where Jim got his Conti's, ask him I think he got a pair for what I paid for one around £20.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Not zaffiro, but I once crashed into a tree due to a loss of grip using vittoria rubino pro3's in the rain, a loss of grip that I have not managed to replicate using other tyres.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I had Zaffiros on the road bike I built 3 years ago. They were really tight to the rim and offered cack p-protection. Took them off within 2 weeks and haven't used them since. Give Michelin Lithion 2s a shot. They are folding tyres and fairly easy to get on/off, offer some protection and are fairly fast. Around £15 each, online.

raindog

er.....
Odd that, Zaffiros were fitted to my Vitus when I bought it and I never had the slightest problem getting them on or off the rims. They did 4000ks before I binned them, with no more punctures than any other tyre I've used.

Top Bottom