W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

If you are a premier member or whatever the latest name is you can create a new segment covering your whole ride, unfortnately as they have taken that from me I can't give you the instructions anymore

Twilkes

Guru
So some advice please. My morning ride currently is 27 miles (I have to be back for meetings) and it's made up of 60 segments some of which are just plain stupid, the shortest is 0.1 of a mile. How do I make it so that my ride just shows as one, possibly 2, segments?

Possibly this, I've never done it though: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918177-Hide-Unhide-Segments

Mike_P

Guru
You can spend ages hiding / unhiding segments. Often find hidden ones are more relevant, one climb I did the other week oddly only had bits showing as segments while that for the whole climb was hidden:wacko: On a separate issue elevation has been a bit odd this week with the same peak showing at different heights in opposing ditections:wacko::wacko:

lane

Veteran
I have the free trial now. I am finding there is stuff I quite like but have still downgraded because I don't like it enough to pay for - well not at the current price. If it was a couple of quid a month I would think about it.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have the free trial now. I am finding there is stuff I quite like but have still downgraded because I don't like it enough to pay for - well not at the current price. If it was a couple of quid a month I would think about it.
I agree there are a few things I miss, but I'm not prepared to fay £50 a year, I personally think that is a lot of money, my thought is if they had offered £1.99 a month & took a few features away they would have attracted more people.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Having gone for the free trial, I've only just realised that it now shows a brief weather beakdown for the ride. Is this only for subscription users or a new feature for all? I'll probably continue with the subscription for one year and see what the renewal price is for next year.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The weather is just for payers, I haven't found it all that accurate though to be honest especially if you are out for a good few hours as weather changes. I presume, don't know for definite, it takes your weather at the outset of your ride but I am sure someone will be along with a more accurate definition.
I presume it's linked to a particular weather site. I deleted it from my feed almost right away as I found it really inaccurate.

MntnMan62

Über Member
I continue to use Strava but I'm not going to pay for the extras. I'm not trying to compete with anyone. I don't care about leaderboards. All I care about is tracking my own efforts. I just want to record my rides and do my best to improve each ride in some way or another. Not paying. If necessary I downloaded Relive which looks to be similar. I haven't used it yet but intend to give it a try one of these days to see how it compares. Anyone know anything about Relive?

vickster

Legendary Member
It’s £4...just in advance...so essentially a couple of quid :okay: (way less than a pint of beer in these parts when the pubs reopen)

Top Bottom