W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just my guess but I expect beer will have miraculously increased in price by the time pubs open up again making £4 a month look even better value!
Quite possibly and understandable given the circs

Venod

Eh up
Are they pubs you’d want to drink in though (I exclude Wetherspoons from that list)

Wetherspoons is of course cheap, but what has happened by Wetherspoons selling cheap beer it has forced several pubs to reduce their prices, I do drink in some of these places, it shows how much we were getting ripped off for when they can sell cheaper and still make a profit.

There are a few I wouldn't drink in.

Last edited:

tommaguzzi

Über Member
I continue to use Strava but I'm not going to pay for the extras. I'm not trying to compete with anyone. I don't care about leaderboards. All I care about is tracking my own efforts. I just want to record my rides and do my best to improve each ride in some way or another. Not paying. If necessary I downloaded Relive which looks to be similar. I haven't used it yet but intend to give it a try one of these days to see how it compares. Anyone know anything about Relive?
Relive used to be 3rd party add on which showed your Strava ride on a 3d google earth type satellite map with a growing yellow line to show your progress. It looked like the chanel 4 TdF stage profile.here is one of mine

https://www.relive.cc/view/1047792242
Then Strava didn't like
'the way relive was using the Strava data( possibly sharing it with advertisers?) So they stopped granting their permission.
I stopped using relive after that.
So it might have morphed into something else now

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
£6 if you pay monthly
Yeah, I'll pay in advance, saving a few quid and don't need to worry about it :okay:

I never pay 'interest' to do something monthly (although my current home and car insurer doesn't load for monthly payments so those go out monthly too)

D

Deleted member 26715

Relive used to be 3rd party add on which showed your Strava ride on a 3d google earth type satellite map with a growing yellow line to show your progress. It looked like the chanel 4 TdF stage profile.here is one of mine

Then Strava didn't like
'the way relive was using the Strava data( possibly sharing it with advertisers?) So they stopped granting their permission.
I think there was issues that they didn't respect the privacy settings (exclusion zones) is that what Strava call them so you can't see the home address

tommaguzzi

Über Member
I think there was issues that they didn't respect the privacy settings (exclusion zones) is that what Strava call them so you can't see the home address
Right, that could be a problem. A couple of years ago there was a spate bike thefts near my old house plod said they might be using Strava to help locate targets.

MntnMan62

Über Member
ROFL are some people that competitive (fragile) they need a trophy at failing to be good

I suppose those who fall for that one were bought up by parents who gave them a prize for being average or worse. I've never understood that one. I'm 57 and was in the Cub Scouts as a kid. One of the "events" we did was flying kites. I went with my Dad and we did it at the beach. I was supposed to hold the kite and when my Dad gave the signal, I was supposed to let go and he was going to get it up in the air for me. He gave the signal and I never let go. The nice paper kite was now broken and torn in my hands. When the next Pack meeting took place they gave out awards and I got one for "trying" or making a go of it or whatever you want to call it. I looked at the little pencil sharpener/world globe thing and was like "What are you giving this to me for? I ripped my kite?" There will be kids who think that way and know better and then there are kids who grow up expecting a prize for doing very little. I don't get it.

Then Strava didn't like
They are still there, whatever the problem was they must've sorted it out :okay:
Edit: I've just looked at my settings and relive is pulling (tracking) data from Garmin Connect or RWGPS or other apps I don't use but not Strava. RWGPS has limited privacy zones so I've made sure the data is getting uploaded from there. My Relive profile is also private anyway :okay:

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Forgive me if this has already been raised, but are free users still getting notifications of their PRs? Smashed it up a local hill earlier; fully expecting to get a PR.

After uploading the ride there are no medal icons / notifications of any personal records breeched, yet checking the segment in question today's time is listed as my PR and according to my separate records my previous fastest time was several seconds slower; so it doesn't appear that I drew with my last fastest effort (which should still have yielded a 2nd place at least).

If this is the case methinks they're not getting the subscription uptake they'd hoped for / expected and are further crippling the free offering to further force peoples' hands. Nice. :angry:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Yup. I still get them. I'll try a screen shot - if my techy skills are up to it.
Watch this space.
Thanks and no worries - I believe you :tongue:

Perhaps it's just a glitch for me on this ride..? I've set at least two PRs and nowt's acknowledged...

Top Bottom