Wahoo Silent Kickr/Kickr Core Faults

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Everything appears to be ok. I'll find out tomorrow how different the kickr and V3's are when I do my next workout on Zwift :bicycle:.

Edit to add.

I think my original V3's purchased in June 18 were always going to have an issue. They never were loose enough to fall back on themselves to put the pedal in the correct position for reconnecting the cleat. They'd get half way down but would never hang vetical. The new ones, although sluggish, would go vertical after 3-5 seconds. I've checked the torque on the spindle nut and they are now spot on torque wise. Also they now only take 1-3 seconds to fall to vertical depending on how warm they are.

Last edited:
My episode with the Wahoo kickr cores has ended now ,the last 2 broken ones were picked up on Tuesday and I just wished that I had bought the Tacx Neo from the start

JhnBssll

Veteran
So I've just gone to set up my new Kickr Core and I noticed the box is now the other way around - ie it used to open on the narrow end, and it now opens on the long end. Interesting, maybe they've changed something.

I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention but I then noticed when I opened the inner box (I have never taken the inner box out of the outer brown box on any of them) they have swapped the soft foam inserts for expanded polystyrene.

All became clear when I slid the polystyrene packaging out...

20190303_154536.jpg

They've sent me a 2018 edition Kickr instead of a Kickr Core :eek: I pulled the inner box out just to check I wasn't imagining things and found this...

20190303_154658.jpg

So, er, I'm not sure where I stand now :laugh: Having checked back on their emails it makes no mention of sending me anything other than a "replacement unit". Have they run out of replacement Core's and are sending these instead or was this an error? I have no idea what to do now, but I've got a training session to do shortly and the old knackered Core is now packed up and ready to go back :rolleyes:

Were the 2018 Kickr problems now sorted or are they still having issues too? I can't tell if I've done well or not yet :laugh::laugh::laugh:

JhnBssll

Veteran
And I've just realised from the photo it's got a cassette on it too... Bizarre...

JhnBssll

Veteran
It's a 105 r7000 cassette, I've taken it off and put my r6800 105 cassette on instead. I've emailed them and told them they've sent the wrong one but that I've started using it as I've got training to do. Fed up of getting pins and needles in my feet with the core and I'm not having another week off the turbo waiting for a 4th replacement :angry::laugh:

20190303_171150.jpg

Milzy

Guru
I've seen several web pages that indicate a firmware update in 2017 allows pedal analysis and other pedal stroke functions to be used via the Tacx app
Well that’s good then, I don’t use the TacX app. Zwift, Sufferfest, Trainer road, Road grand tours, big ring VR.
I don’t even know if my peddling is 50/50 or not yet.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I just had a quick spin on it, its smoother than either of the core's have been out of the box so a good start... The folding legs are also very handy as it gives me an extra foot or so of space in the garage when not in use... Hopefully I can keep it :laugh::whistle:

Top Bottom