Wahoo Silent Kickr/Kickr Core Faults

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Get flywheel sent for £500 dynamic balance, that should sort it for good
Mine suffers from this issue, but only slightly when doing over 25mph, and it has not gotten any worse since arriving. I should report it, but all of the time I'm not getting the other issue I'll leave it be, as most of my riding is done in workout mode at 12-15mph where is dosen't vibrate. I'll just enjoy my kickr18 for as long as I've no major problems.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Mine suffers from this issue, but only slightly when doing over 25mph, and it has not gotten any worse since arriving. I should report it, but all of the time I'm not getting the other issue I'll leave it be, as most of my riding is done in workout mode at 12-15mph where is dosen't vibrate. I'll just enjoy my kickr18 for as long as I've no major problems.

Play it carefully get it swapped just before warranty runs out. Hopefully Wahoo will have finally sorted the issue s

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Good question. When does the warranty on the second one run from? I would say the day of delivery of the 2nd unit, I'm :unsure: what wiggle/wahoo would say :whistle:

No Its generally from purchase of first unit. These are just replacement within warranty period. Check the warranty, i think its only 12 months, but could be 2 years

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
No Its generally from purchase of first unit. These are just replacement within warranty period. Check the warranty, i think its only 12 months, but could be 2 years
Certainly is for Tacx, I read the warranty card (I'm strange like that!) that came with my Neo and it states that any repair or replacement is only warrantied to the end of the warranty period of the original unit. It also states that in no way does supplying a replacement unit extend the original warranty period in any way!

JhnBssll

Veteran
You often find with reputable manufacturers that rely on word of mouth and repeat business that they will try and help even outside of warranty if there is a genuine fault with the product so always worth an ask.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Wahoo are bending over backwards to sort their Kickrs,. Its turning into a bit of nightmare, their later products still not right.
Ive heard week 47 production and beyond are still failing.:sad:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I wonder if it's worth buying one of these to see if the flywheel is interchangeable... :laugh::laugh:

2019-03-05_17h24_45.png

JhnBssll

Veteran
Thought I'd check in to report no new issues with my Kickr '18, I've done several hundred miles on it now and it's still performing well. Have they finally sorted the core too or are the problems ongoing?

olomana

Read this entire thread. Own a 2018 Smart. Used and not covered under warranty. The two fixes have decreased sound and palpable vibrations. But i believe the bearings are shot and need replacement. Wahoo charging $320 for parts and labor. Plus shipping on my dime. Anyone know what size bearings are required? They dont want to sell me the parts

Olomana

olomana

Plus warranty on their fixed trainer is only 4 months? Not really standing by their repair work, huh.

Top Bottom