Waiting for New bike is like waiting for buses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Altus

Regular
Having been going through my cyclescheme order for the last 4 weeks my voucher eventually arrived. Unfortunately the retailer I ordered locally with then told me that the bike I wanted was now out of stock in my size and their supplier had told them it would take about 2 months before its available. Gutted...

I then had a bit of silver lining as I contacted Ribble for the third time about a bike that had been at the top of my to buy list for about 6 months but hadn't looked like it would be possible when I placed the order with my local bike store. Paid my admin charge and Ribble told my new bike will be with me in the next 10days. yippee..

Unfortunately the first store called me today to say my original bike is now in stock even though I'd told them at the end of last week that due to the delay I was cancelling the order and going with an alternative. Feel sorry for the local bike store as they now need to ship it back to the wholesaler/supplier but feel if I'd been given a realistic timescale in the first place then I wouldn't have started looking at alternatives.

On the positive side I now have a full carbon bike on its way which was I've been eyeing up for a number of months...... very excited....

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the first order. They would only have been passing on delivery times from the manufacturer so you've got no beef with them over that, but they clearly didn't listen when you told them you were cancelling the order and that is their fault. I doubt they'll return it unless you're either a giant like me or a midget like Mrs S, anything in between I suspect they simply retail it.

Top Bottom