Waiting for Red lights in London.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
For anyone who says you absolutely must not go on red, how do you deal with as stuck red traffic light (like I was the other day)? Like do you just sit at the lights hoping they'll change within the next 30 minutes or do you go? And if it's ok to go on a stuck red light, why do you not go on a normally functioning red light?

whataboutery

read up thread.

are you the cockwomble who nearly took me out 10 mins ago while i was crossing with the boy ? becuse theres some scumbagggers who don't give a fark about anybody else

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Sometimes, if the only person waiting to cross is a pavement cyclist, I tell them to Foxtrot Oscar.
Don't be so mean to three-year-olds! ;)

toontra

Veteran
Partly peer pressure. I will gladly call someone a t**t if they ride like one, particularly if they endanger others (e.g. pedestrians).

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Some of the buses are Hybrids now. The first time you'll realise they are setting off from an unsighted junction, at right angles to you, are when they appear right across your path.
I am not advocating jumping red lights on a busy junction with poor sightlines. I jump the lights when there is absolutely noone awake within a few hundred metres.

I believe you have to be pragmatic to ride safely and quickly. I join the end of a 70mph dual carriageway on my commute. I could either go around a massive round about with fast traffic approaching from dual carriageways in every direction. Or you can cut across a bit of pavement noone uses because it in the middle of nowhere.

I make no apology for breaking the law to reduce the chance of being clobbered at 70mph.

I am not advocating jumping red lights on a busy junction with poor sightlines. I jump the lights when there is absolutely noone awake within a few hundred metres.

I believe you have to be pragmatic to ride safely and quickly. I join the end of a 70mph dual carriageway on my commute. I could either go around a massive round about with fast traffic approaching from dual carriageways in every direction. Or you can cut across a bit of pavement noone uses because it in the middle of nowhere.

I make no apology for breaking the law to reduce the chance of being clobbered at 70mph.
Very true, it's about perspective.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
He had Ted Bundy a few weeks ago.
Christ. Bargain-basement Drago, and even less funny.

Top Bottom