Walking Trousers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Maybe not,yet,but they make you cold & keep you cold once they get wet, get a strong wind on them & the effect is a lot more pronounced, it’s very easy to get caught out in the hills.
it was a short walk... only a couple of hours up castle crag... not the C2C from St Bees to Robin Hood's Bay. I do a lot more cycling than i do walking, almost always in jeans unless it's baking hot. I've been drenched numerous times and haven't caught hypothermia or chaffed myself to death (yet). All these comments about jeans sound like quotes from TGO rather than actual experience. Most 'gear' is just a gimmick marketed at gullible folk with more money than sense :rolleyes:

Lullabelle

Banana
Not a walker, as God invented the wheel as a far better mode of transport.

Just got a reasonable pair of walking boots and been looking at some trousers.

Why is it that walkers have skinny thighs? Had to try a few pairs on to find some that would fit, and those were tight, although stretchy. I won't be getting much in the 4 pockets. Checked the larger waist and the legs were just as skinny.

Mainly been bought for walking round Prague in freezing cold, but I'm being dragged on a walking weekend in Snowdonia, in February.

Got all the bike gear for crap weather, but not walking...^_^

Do you think I could take my bike with a bunch of woolly hatters ? :bicycle:

Craghoppers and Peter Storm stuff are excellent-stretchy waists-breathable and waterproof-I would not buy any other brand, you get what you pay for.

Top Bottom