Wanting a turbo trainer that I can use online apps like Zwift etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
And a De Rosa idol too! I've been tempted myself in the past. They look like rocket ships.

Depends whose riding them :tongue:

Condolences on your loss kingrollo.

Speaking from personal experience getting out on the bike is a good way of trying to stay sane in such circumstances so the new bike could be a good tonic for you. And a De Rosa idol too! I've been tempted myself in the past. They look like rocket ships. Which colour did you go for?

Keep your eye out on eBay and bike forums for second hand turbos I reckon. There's got to be a large proportion of people who move trainers on after barely using them at a hefty loss.

Sorry my original post should have said almost spent £2400 on a De Rosa Idol - Good job I didn't as yesterday they reduced them to £1600 (non disc - but Dura Ace) -I went for silver and red. - They all all sold in a couple of hours.
My spending on cycling this year has been ridiculous !

OK - the de rosa deal got cancelled. and tonight I got knocked off (Im fine so is bike - )

So the turbo is back on the agenda - someone very local is selling the elite muin for £230 - How does that stack up for use with zwift etc - I was considering the tacx flow 2240 - but the muin is direct drive ? ....any thoughts...

CXRAndy

Guru
The Muin is a fluid trainer, offering fixed resistance, reading power output To get more resistance changing gears is required. So it's a one way smart trainer.

The Tacx flow is smart trainer without a power meter. It calculates power from speed you are riding.

The Muin is a fluid trainer, offering fixed resistance, reading power output To get more resistance changing gears is required. So it's a one way smart trainer.

The Tacx flow is smart trainer without a power meter. It calculates power from speed you are riding.

OK - hope this isn't a daft question - but which would be best for a newbie ? - Im leaning towards the flow as it seems to have a large user base...

CXRAndy

Guru
The flow has good reviews for its price

A better device is the Wahoo Snap, power meter and variable resistance. True smart trainer

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
Time to re bump this thread as I’d like a KickR but don’t have silly money so what’s the cheapest trainer to get me onto swift?

Thanks.

CXRAndy

Guru
Wahoo Kickr Snap has a good reputation. A in built power meter. If you want a direct drive turbo then the Elite Direto from Wiggle and other suppliers is just over £600.(don't buy from athleteshop)

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Time to re bump this thread as I’d like a KickR but don’t have silly money so what’s the cheapest trainer to get me onto swift?

Thanks.

I am a very new owner of a Kickr Snap and I am delighted. The ‘wheel-on’ option is much cheaper and in this case, the Snap has very accurate power tests from pro users like DCRainmaker and others. There’s an Australian guy on YouTube who I’ve learned to enjoy. No faff or grease with wheel on trainers.

I am on a free 30 days with TrainerRoad which I will probably stick with. Wahoo will email you a list of free codes with your order. And yes, Zwift is on there. I’m just not into simulator stuff. In this 5 minutes anyway.

Milzy

Guru
I am a very new owner of a Kickr Snap and I am delighted. The ‘wheel-on’ option is much cheaper and in this case, the Snap has very accurate power tests from pro users like DCRainmaker and others. There’s an Australian guy on YouTube who I’ve learned to enjoy. No faff or grease with wheel on trainers.

I am on a free 30 days with TrainerRoad which I will probably stick with. Wahoo will email you a list of free codes with your order. And yes, Zwift is on there. I’m just not into simulator stuff. In this 5 minutes anyway.
I know the Aussie guy and I too learned to like him. I’m trying to get the wife to buy me a snap but there’s more chance of getting snapped.

Last edited:

Jason

Thread bump!

Wife has just given me £200 towards a smart turbo. I quickly said it's £499 for the wahoo kickr snap.
"You work hard for us,go for it, only money"

I might try my lucky on a lottery ticket tommorow!

Top Bottom