Warning! Beware of Planet X's returns, refunds tactics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Not all embezzling by employees is complicated.

A few years ago a woman called Taylor stole from her employer which was BT.

She worked in a payments centre in Gateshead and handled cheques, which most customers paid with in those days.

Many wrote the cheque to 'B T', and she had a husband called Barry.

The method was simply to steal the cheque, write 'aylor' after the 'T' and pay the cheque into their joint account.

She was bound to be caught, and was, but she got away with it for several months.

There was a story about someone working for HMRC opening an account in the name of Inlande Revende and then doctoring cheques in the same way. This was in the days before the controls in place no over account opening.

I don't know if it was apocryphal or not but it's a nice story

MiK1138

Veteran
Large enough companies do exactly that. The will employ people to search for their brand and read all newspapers. Not to (necessarily) take to anyone court but to make sure they are on top of all potential issues. They will be scored between irrelevant and important. PlanetX may or may not do this.
Seen a prime example of this on Twitter last night, boy tweeted "I hate Hertz(vernacular for Hearts of Midlothian F.C.)" and was responded to by Hertz Rental Car asking what his issue was

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
By saying nothing it leaves Accy's posts looking a bit like the ramblings of a demented old fool. I know what I would do.

Well they can think what they want about me, but i'm not going to let this drop!
If they think that by simply ignoring me i'll accept what's happened, then simply leave it be then they're mistaken! I've e mailed them AGAIN!! asking them to at least refund the £9.99 they admit to having (SO1100451 2016-06-28 GBP 9.99 Voucher
Ref: Credit Note) I'll give it one more day for them to reply(i don't expect them to) then i'll be contacting trading standards.

No wonder they had to close one of their two shops!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Maybe tweet your displeasure?

@Accy cyclist I have found that Twitter is the best route to getting a productive conversation started with businesses and services over the last couple of years, not necessarily complaining but complaints along with feedback and questions do seem to be picked up more readily than an; invisible to others email exchange or a forum like this with limited traffic; for better impact put a full stop before the @name, this means that more than just your followers will see it. Do it politely and without the 'robbing dogs' overtones of here in the first instance and see how it goes maybe.

Since others seem to have taken it on themselves to name and shame your local complaint on here then you've not anything to lose going to them directly by another means of slightly more visible 1:1 contact since the emailing and phone calling have not got you what you expected them to and left you dissatisfied.

Just a genuinely offered suggestion and not a guarantee of getting the answer you want tho.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
There was a story about someone working for HMRC opening an account in the name of Inlande Revende and then doctoring cheques in the same way. This was in the days before the controls in place no over account opening.

I don't know if it was apocryphal or not but it's a nice story

From memory, not apocryphal..Also some bad practice by the banks where the cheques were cashed.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm glad this thread has been revived, even though it's only a week old,:rolleyes: as it's more bad publicity for PX! Let me see. So far It's had 3,750 views which means there'll be many out there who'll think twice about buying from PX. As i pointed out to them, the 30 quid they've ripped me off for will look paltry in comparison to the sales they'll lose through bad publicity from this thread. Even if only one person thinks twice about buying a bike off them it'll mean a grand lost in sales.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've bought two bikes from Planet X and yet they choose to screw me over £10 worth of lights.....

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm glad this thread has been revived, even though it's only a week old,:rolleyes: as it's more bad publicity for PX! Let me see. So far It's had 3,750 views which means there'll be many out there who'll think twice about buying from PX. As i pointed out to them, the 30 quid they've ripped me off for will look paltry in comparison to the sales they'll lose through bad publicity from this thread. Even if only one person thinks twice about buying a bike off them it'll mean a grand lost in sales.
But we don't know it's been ripped off you, you have already admitted you're not 100% it was ever there.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not all are good.

Worst customer service
Customer service doesn't exist. No wonder they are failing. Barnsley shop closed and Sheffield downsized to one room

sprite_star.png

Shocking and insulting services - AVOID!!!
Take a day off work and my frame arrived damaged and with blood on. On One / Planet X's solution? Take 2 days off work for a collection and delivery so they can sort out their c***-up or accept £10 store credit. 5% of the frame cost in store credit for a bike frame that's DAMAGED and with BLOOD on it. Why do you think I'd use your business again after disgusting service?? Person on email asked for my order number after I already provided it. This company does not care about their customers, only profits - hence why they use Yodel and charge you to use DHL. I know where the inspiration for the "inbred" range came from - their customer service department.

Customer service
When using Planet x it is sometimes a lottery what turns up eg wrong size inner tubes, rim tapes, seat clamps. That's if the items are in stock. Sometimes I have had cheaper equivalents sent but with no difference in price, though the items are mostly cheap I have had enough of their useless customer service. So would recommend that you try to get whatever you want. Somewhere else as it's less of a headache.

I actually feel better after reading those comments. There was me thinking it was just me they were being a @!#! with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom