Warning! Beware of Planet X's returns, refunds tactics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Hanlon's razor "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

I don't believe for a second that Planet X has a policy of stiffing it's customers by failing to process returns. That would screw their reputation so fast it wouldn't be worth it. They make better money by being honest.

Or that someone in their company is stealing credit from customer accounts. That would be a terrible way of embezzling. 1) Customers would raise hell, the company would notice 2) it is still just credit at Planet X, you need another step or more to turn it into cash, which would all leave a trail.

Or that someone in the company is deliberately not processing returns. Again, you have a queue of angry customers and your reward is a pile of lightly worn discount bicycle shorts?

So Occam and Hanlon lead us to error rather than theft. Either Accy has misremembered, someone made a mistake on the returns, or the credit was accidentally (human or software) applied to another customers purchase, or the credit was applied to accy's purchase rather than from his Lloyd's account.

You would be surprised what some companies do , just had money legally stolen out an online account because in the T&C it says if I don't log into the account for 6 months they withdraw 10% of the funds each month then after a year close the account !

I wonder if Planet X have any policies where you have a certain amount of time to spend a credit ?

D

Deleted member 26715

This is what i think happened. I didn't go in with all guns blazing when i made my phone call to them. I put it to them calmly that this could've happened.
But that doesn't ring true with your story of seeing the credit on your account?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Not all embezzling by employees is complicated.

A few years ago a woman called Taylor stole from her employer which was BT.

She worked in a payments centre in Gateshead and handled cheques, which most customers paid with in those days.

Many wrote the cheque to 'B T', and she had a husband called Barry.

The method was simply to steal the cheque, write 'aylor' after the 'T' and pay the cheque into their joint account.

She was bound to be caught, and was, but she got away with it for several months.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Could actually have been Tweeks or Tredz.......

Do you think all these companies scour the internet for mentions?
Large enough companies do exactly that. The will employ people to search for their brand and read all newspapers. Not to (necessarily) take to anyone court but to make sure they are on top of all potential issues. They will be scored between irrelevant and important. PlanetX may or may not do this.

D

Deleted member 26715

Have they replied yet?:popcorn:
Not sure how they can, a post put on their FB page, without any specific details of accounts, dates, items, what they going to do a full audit of every transaction since they started trading?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
They are most likely doing the sensible thing having read the thread and decided to steer well clear. If they get involved the best outcome they can hope to achieve is to look as if they have finally decided to resolve the issue for a disgruntled customer simply because they were shamed in to doing so, regardless of who is right. That is the best outcome, it could quickly get worse!
By saying nothing it leaves Accy's posts looking a bit like the ramblings of a demented old fool. I know what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom