Warning! Evacuate this fire hazard building ASAP!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am now at my former home. It's only till the morning when the council are going to find me some short term accommodation. I was chatting with the environmental health officer tonight. I think some good will come out of this. She was very sympathetic,saying i'll be rehoused in a safer place. She also said they'd help me with my housing benefit claim and my JSA claim. Every cloud has a silver lining.
She also said that the landlord will be responsible for any damage done to our property/belongings while the building is locked up. Meaning that if someone breaks in and robs or does some damage. we can expect the landlord to pay for it.

I wouldn't hold my breath bearing in mind he doesn't give a shoot about safety etc :sad:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I wouldn't hold my breath bearing in mind he doesn't give a shoot about safety etc :sad:
I know. If anything does happen it;ll take some effort to get him to pay compensation,but at least the law's on our side so that's something.

Last edited:

User269

Never mind about you......................what about the dog?

Homing available in West Dorset in exchange for daily window cleaning.

Good luck................beggars belief here in the 4th/5th richest country in the world............what's it like elsewhere?

PS We have dog chews.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm just sat here now waiting for the council to contact me about where they're going to put me. I hope it'll be local but
I hope something good comes of this, for you, Accy
It has. I'm moving into a council owned flat on Tuesday. It's quite a bit smaller than the last place but the heating is included in the rent and with it being council run you have more rights,so i'v been told. The building was designed for old folk though they've changed the minimum age limit to 55 now. I had a look today. Most were sat out in the garden or in the communal area reading or chatting. I think i might be the youngest one in there? You never know,i might get myself a girlfriend.;)

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm just sat here now waiting for the council to contact me about where they're going to put me. I hope it'll be local but

It has. I'm moving into a council owned flat on Tuesday. It's quite a bit smaller than the last place but the heating is included in the rent and with it being council run you have more rights,so i'v been told. The building was designed for old folk though they've changed the minimum age limit to 55 now. I had a look today. Most were sat out in the garden or in the communal area reading or chatting. I think i might be the youngest one in there? You never know,i might get myself a girlfriend.;)
Accy the toyboy. :biggrin:

postman

Legendary Member
Accy whatever you do,do NOT wear your cycling shorts out in the garden.Refined ladies might not get over the shock.There again,so make sure you put a chair up against your door,to stop unwanted guests.

Tin Pot

Guru
I'm still wondering the validity of someone turning up out of the blue and telling you to get out of your home before 7pm. In six hours.

Does anyone think this is real?

Top Bottom