Was I a selfish rotter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mick Mudd

Über Member
Did they not gave shops in the old days :whistle:

Their were no shops on the countryside course, but i suppose the starving scroungers could have nipped into the fields to munch on potatoes, brussel sprouts and carrots like Bugs Bunny if they wanted to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mick Mudd

Über Member
Why are you asking this now OP is it one of those things that play on your mind because you know you didn't act in the best way? Perhaps if so then give a donation somewhere to a food bank or a community cycling group etc as a way of moving on and doing better?

Non, je ne regrette rien..:smile:

PS- the scroungers tried to get their own back on me later that year; we'd arranged as a club to ride together from our Leicester clubhouse to a cyclists rally at York (140 miles), but I was the only one who turned up at the start on a beautiful summers day!
They sent a spy to give me lame excuses about why they'd all chickened out, and no doubt they thought i'd back out myself rather than ride alone, but not on your nelly, I simply hopped on me bike and started pedalling and was in York by the evening, Dick Turpin would have been proud of me..:smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mick Mudd

Über Member
I'm guessing that this reliability trial did not have a compulsory 10 lap distance and rides could choose how many to do and would get a certificate based on the laps they did.

Yes I vaguely seem to remember there was an option for the nippers and suckling babes to sign up for a shorter distance.

OP
OP
M

Mick Mudd

Über Member
It sounds.like a very boring ride, and you seem well suited to it 🤣

Nah mate, it had the whopping big South Croxton climb on every lap, and as I'm a climber it was my natural environment..:smile:
It was only the pancake-flat events that I found to be-

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mick Mudd

Über Member
The parable of the 10 virgins comes to mind

Dunno bout that mate, and come to think of it there were no females in the event, virginal or otherwise..:smile:
PS- seeing as you're obviously a holy man, this verse may interest you which all runners and cyclists should take on board-
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize" (Bible: 1 Corinthians 9:24)

winner.jpg

Slick

Guru
Dunno bout that mate, and come to think of it there were no females in the event, virginal or otherwise..:smile:
PS- seeing as you're obviously a holy man, this verse may interest you which all runners and cyclists should take on board-
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize" (Bible: 1 Corinthians 9:24)

View attachment 715837

Cyclists should never run, and if they do, it should just be fast enough to evade capture.

Also, see rule 5. :okay:

Top Bottom