Washer dryer Vs separate washing machine n tumble dryer.....any thoughts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I think hanging wet clothes up inside can cause damp and mould. Fair enough if you can hang it next to a boiler or radiator and have the window open. I use a tumble dryer and the cost is better than seeing wet clothes hung up which I just don't like. In the warmer weather the clothes always go on the washing line outside. Obviously different things work for different people.

I think this is where the dehumidifier comes into its own. Dries the clothes and gets rid of damp. Dry air needs less energy to heat so they are can be " energy neutral "

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The quality of the posting has taken a tumble.

Bit of a wash out really and needs cleaning up.
Wouldn't want to hang anyone out to dry over it

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I think this is where the dehumidifier comes into its own. Dries the clothes and gets rid of damp. Dry air needs less energy to heat so they are can be " energy neutral "

It's most odd, my house is very poorly ventilated so all of the heat (and moist air) goes straight up the stairs. It has to go somewhere so has always gone into my bedroom and I've just cleaned a load of mould/mildew off the top of the ceiling. The same thing has happened in my drying room (spare bedroom) which I can#t understand because this room should be the driest in the house. In the summer the window is always open, and in the colder months the dehumidifer is in there drying clothes every other day?

Kingfisher101

Über Member
It's most odd, my house is very poorly ventilated so all of the heat (and moist air) goes straight up the stairs. It has to go somewhere so has always gone into my bedroom and I've just cleaned a load of mould/mildew off the top of the ceiling. The same thing has happened in my drying room (spare bedroom) which I can#t understand because this room should be the driest in the house. In the summer the window is always open, and in the colder months the dehumidifer is in there drying clothes every other day?

Could you open all your windows everyday for a while to improve ventilation? Obviously while someone is in and before the dehumidifier is on? I open all my windows everyday and I don't have a problem at all with black mould. I used to in the lounge but since sorting it out with mould resistant paint additive, getting condensation traps down and having the windows open, no further problems.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning

Probably heard about money laundering and got the wrong end of the stick

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Liking my dehumidifier, although the "quiet" mode won't win any awards so it's switched off at night.
It pulls a couple of litres of water from the air each day, which is more than I expected.

For the first few days, humidity was up near 80%. It now fluctates between high 40s and low 60% depending on how careless people are with leaving bathroom doors open, etc.

Clearly my house ventilation could be further improved to eliminate/reduce moisture at source.

Top Bottom