Waterproof hat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
Any suggestions for a lightweight, waterproof hat I can throw in my panniers with my lightweight, waterproof jacket for when the weather turns? As happened this afternoon:rolleyes: Cheaper the better as it will only get occasional use.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Any suggestions for a lightweight, waterproof hat I can throw in my panniers with my lightweight, waterproof jacket for when the weather turns? As happened this afternoon:rolleyes: Cheaper the better as it will only get occasional use.

I've tried a couple but not impressed and I just keep a lightweight merino beanie in my saddlepack.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Vulpine do a limited range of water resistant cycle caps. But if you REALLY want a budget solution.........

tesco-bag.jpg

Last edited:
Hoods are a mixed blessing

If you have a loose hood, then a rear observation means looking in the hood instead of your blind spot

A tight hood (as above) will be a cooker

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Hoods are a mixed blessing

If you have a loose hood, then a rear observation means looking in the hood instead of your blind spot

A tight hood (as above) will be a cooker
A hood only needs to be tight around the face for it to turn when you look behind. You want it tight around the face anyway, else water in a storm like today's will get in too much. It can have more air in behind to avoid cooking, but water cools anyway.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The Lowe Alpine mountain cap has had a cult following for something like 20 years in the UK armed forces and for good reason. The very best waterproof, windproof hat you can get, close fitting so it won't blow off, and it covers your ears.

Baseball cap - I've been cycling in the rain for the last week - done the job - long enough peak to keep the rain off my face and when/if the sun comes out it keeps it out of my eyes - wear it 99% of the time when I'm touring - also cheap and expendable - present one has about 8k km on the clock

Top Bottom