We didn't buy an Insight but we bought a Note instead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Today the note hit the 70k miles
It's got another long run to do in a couple of weekends.

I stopped for a wee break after approx 95 miles and total time stopped was less than 10 minutes, so if I had been using an EV how much charge would I have added in that time ?

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
We've never charged our EVs on the road. Never yet needed to, and a journey of any real magnitude we'd likely take the 2008 or the train.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
400 miles today and I got out at 6.15 pm feeling as fresh as when I first got in at 6.45 am .
And it averaged 50 mpg mostly dual carriageway/ motorway but happy with that.
And no range anxiety insight

CXRAndy

Guru
We've never charged our EVs on the road. Never yet needed to, and a journey of any real magnitude we'd likely take the 2008 or the train.

I've got to make a 350 mile round day trip to Durham next month. By train its nearly 7 hours return for the mainline section. By EV car its estimated to take 5hr30 door to door. Ill take the Model S.

My meeting is early afternoon so will leave a little early have a snack at Scotch corner, whilst I recharge at the Tesla Supercharger, then no need to charge on the way home.

Cost by train will be circa £100 if I book early, car cost in travel juice-Zero-lifetime free supercharging.

equivalent fuel e-mpg 165mpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I've got to make a 350 mile round day trip to Durham next month. By train its nearly 7 hours return for the mainline section. By EV car its estimated to take 5hr30 door to door. Ill take the Model S.

My meeting is early afternoon so will leave a little early have a snack at Scotch corner, whilst I recharge at the Tesla Supercharger, then no need to charge on the way home.

Cost by train will be circa £100 if I book early, car cost in travel juice-Zero-lifetime free supercharging.

equivalent fuel e-mpg 165mpg

Sorry but we stopped twice for a total of 15 minutes and didn't have to buy an extortionate snack whilst my car re charged and never spotted an ev charge point in the blue badge car park where we parked during out hospital visit

Cost isn't the issue. My knackered hip and sitting in a car - as either driver or passenger - for more than about 90 minutes is my limiting factor, so it tends to be the train down to my Dad's etc.

If i limit my fluid intake i can do about 2 hours at a time before i have to decharge my bladder :laugh:

CXRAndy

Guru
Sorry but we stopped twice for a total of 15 minutes and didn't have to buy an extortionate snack whilst my car re charged

I'll probably stop 20-25mins too. Car will recharge in the region of 500 miles per hour, I only need to add less than a 100 miles. The remaining time will be to stretch my legs have a cup of tea and eat my snack. Tesla isn't at the scuffer services, but nearby-phew ;)

On the way back I'll stop for tea at a restaurant in the countryside off the main highway

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Another mot pass today , around 10k covered since last one
For the second year running an advisory that replacement disc's and pads required before long so it will be going back to have those done in a few weeks

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Traveling between Boston and Peterborough yesterday reminded me that I need to update the satnav as according to our car we were driving across fields although it strangely gave me two separate mobile speed camera warnings which were also In fields ....

I blame the carrots

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
:angry::angry: coming along A45 earlier tonight there was a rather large lump of something lying on the road , didn't get any notice of it to avoid it so had to drive over it 2 miles later rear puncture so quick change to space saver and onwards .

No doubt it will need a new tyre just hope the rim is ok

Top Bottom