We didn't buy an Insight but we bought a Note instead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I like the Note. Aside from nearly severing half my hand, it was big enough for 2 hulking great 18+ stone 6+ footers in the front, it drove tidily, was well equipped, and had a modicum of style without any attempt at being pretentious. I'd be quite happy to have one on my driveway.

MarkF

Guru
I like the Note. Aside from nearly severing half my hand, it was big enough for 2 hulking great 18+ stone 6+ footers in the front, it drove tidily, was well equipped, and had a modicum of style without any attempt at being pretentious. I'd be quite happy to have one on my driveway.

"Modicum of style"? Like a Suzuki Celerio or a Citroen Berlingo perhaps?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
5 month update
Really like the car
it's not said no to anything that's been asked of it
Easily returns 46+ mpg on a run and in good comfort
We now of at least 2 others that also own Notes of similar ages and all say the same

Landsurfer

Veteran
Aygo .... any variant .... auto is good ...... small autos are often clunky ... ours is 13 years old ... 07 plate .. brilliant .... ...

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Quick update
I have been aware of various re calls on the Note's for quite a while now and a couple of weeks ago we had a letter in post saying ours had an outstanding recall on the passenger side air bag and could we arrange it , so duly arranged to be done on the drive at home by RAC / Halfords yesterday .

All done as required and bag replaced , just got to wait for coded key to work on drivers side of the car now ^_^

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well in the first year of ownership we covered just short of 7k
Mot passed Friday just needed some front suspension bushes replacing so all set for another year ^_^
On a trip up to north wales and back week before last it averaged 55+ mpg ^_^

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Finally got around to changing the pollen filter this morning.

Tucked away behind the centre console on the passenger side .

Top Bottom