We didn't buy an Insight but we bought a Note instead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Went this afternoon and tried a Note which was very nice , had enough new toys but not too many .

Much smoother drive than any of the others , so it pushed the previous favourite grandad special ( Ford Fusion ) into second place . It impressed us enough to leave a deposit so some time in the near future we will note bound ^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Newer style or older one - good cars and practical. Can't fault Nissan's - so good, we have two.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Good choice they look really practical to me. I was looking at them a bit ago, a mechanic friend recommended either the Note or the Jazz. Honda's are too expensive though. I'm sure it'll be a good motor, I've owned 5 Nissan's, never had any bother at all..

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well hopefully my other half has worked out to swap cherished plates between the old C max and the impending Note .

So just waiting for the dealer to do his pre delivery service and valet oh and some road tax

Just as well we did a 15 mile journey in the c max yesterday and it didn't inspire me with confidence about doing many more

Drago

Legendary Member
Be careful with the spare wheel. When they came out we had a few at work for CID to shuttle about in. Out one day the one I was driving picked up a puncture. The spare wheel is under the boot floor, and in order to lower it down you need to wind the handle in the boot. Unfortunately, the flimsy plastic handke snapped and caused a nasty gash on the palm of my hand. So there I was, on my own, 3 wheels on my wagon, pishing blood and needing 6 stitches. Keep a heavy pair of gardeners gloves in the boot is my advice!

Other than maiming me I seem to recall it wasn't a bad little car at all to drive.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Duly noted @Drago .

I found the wiper switch and controls this morning , next is the cruise control .

Have you found the go and stop pedals yet ?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
My mate raved about his (2010) Note, was really happy with it. His was the 1.5 with the Renault engine. What did you get, petrol or diesel?

Petrol and must admit so far 85 miles in and we like it and so far averaging 38 mpg and majority of those miles are short 7 mile journeys .

Took it back yesterday as I realized that we didn't have a locking wheel nut key , fair do to the dealer he was really annoyed with himself for not checking but got out a piece of kit and promptly removed all of them himself and he is 70 !

Really impressed by the special tool he used .

Top Bottom