Weight loss pills etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Ok so i know the real answer is ride more eat less...but I also read there are pills and supplements you can take that help burn the fat and build the muscle...erm...muscles...as you ride...so I thought why the hell not...but a google search left me confused as to what works and what is a simple ripp off, and what may or may not be safe.

All i want to do is burn off a little excess, but it's difficult to ride more than I am atm and I am eating as little as I can anyway (and healthy)...

..so do any of you use or know of peeps that use these and if so which ones etc.

I know some will hold the view that these are unecessary and I respect that, I jus t want to find out for myself.

ChefDicko

Regular
i take a fat burner called granade, you can buy from any suplement shop there full of orange peel, green tea ect, there ment to burn fat and lower your apetite. i dont think they have done much of either of those for me but they certainly give you energy,

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Iv found a fantastic one that really works. Its expensive tho. I havent used it but a good friend of mine has and it did wonders for her.Ill pm you the details if you want.

col

Legendary Member
If you want to use them, green tea and even spicy food like curries help speed the metabolism up a little. Just cut out fat and you will get the results you want.

redcard

Veteran
Nothing but "Snake Oil" Do not waste your money.

Not really. Depends what you expect from them.

Hydroxycut Hardcore will give you extra energy and motivation. I can get in a decent 70 minutes cardio workout with a couple of pills. Without it? I struggle to complete 40 minutes.

col

Legendary Member
Not really. Depends what you expect from them.

Hydroxycut Hardcore will give you extra energy and motivation. I can get in a decent 70 minutes cardio workout with a couple of pills. Without it? I struggle to complete 40 minutes.
It seems to be mainly a caffiene based pill ?

Camrider

"Although Hydroxycut may help you lose more weight than dieting and exercising alone, you must still be active and follow a reduced-calorie diet to see results. Because Hydroxycut is considered a supplement, not a medication, the FDA has not evaluated the claims made by Iovate nor the research supporting those claims. Possible side effects include insomnia, shakiness, nervousness, increased urination and indigestion or heartburn. There can be drug interactions with certain antibiotics, diabetes medications, asthma medications and antidepressants."
Sounds lovely stuff :evil:

snorri

Legendary Member
A friend of mine lost weight quite easily by sticking to a diet of some (expensive)magic milk shake type things. He reached his target weight, stopped the magic formula and reverted to normal food and the weight piled on again rapidly. The weight loss product worked, but there was no guidance provided along with it to help the user maintain a healthy diet using sensible quantities of normal food, and it was this guidance that he needed more than a weight loss product.:sad:

redcard

Veteran
"Although Hydroxycut may help you lose more weight than dieting and exercising alone, you must still be active and follow a reduced-calorie diet to see results. Because Hydroxycut is considered a supplement, not a medication, the FDA has not evaluated the claims made by Iovate nor the research supporting those claims. Possible side effects include insomnia, shakiness, nervousness, increased urination and indigestion or heartburn. There can be drug interactions with certain antibiotics, diabetes medications, asthma medications and antidepressants."
Sounds lovely stuff :evil:
Whereas Aspirin:

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black or bloody stools; confusion; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; hearing loss; ringing in the ears; severe or persistent stomach pain; unusual bruising; vomiting.

Top Bottom