Weird cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Licramite

Über Member
its the younges on these stupid stunt bikes, knees upto their ears, pedaling along in the middle of nowhere, - haven't they got the brains to sort their bike out ?

perplexed

Guru
'You do see some weird cycling positions that some folks use don't you.
Saddles that are level with the BB. with handle bars under the seat.
Pedalling using the middle of the foot, toes pointing upwards.'

. . . the clue is in my handle . . .

I had to double-take your handle.

I first read it as Rectumpanda. Sorry!

Sandra6

Veteran
its the younges on these stupid stunt bikes, knees upto their ears, pedaling along in the middle of nowhere, - haven't they got the brains to sort their bike out ?

That's the way they like them. Weirdos!
It's the ones that have a bike big enough for their dad that bother me, they practically need a step ladder to get into the saddle in the first place - how on earth do they stop safely?!

Licramite

Über Member
Oh I started on one of those, I litterally had to find a low wall to get on and to stop I either jumped , fell over gracelesly, or aimed for a hedge to crash in. - but then I was only 8.

Demonclimber

Climbing Ninja
You do see some weird cycling positions that some folks use don't you.
Saddles that are just shy of the BB. with handle bars almost level with their face.
Pedalling using the middle of the foot, spread out sideways.
Knees pointing out so far you wonder if they're trying to signal both ways at once.
Bobbing up and down like a YO YO on any incline.
Riding bikes that are creeking, clicking and rattling along with parts held together ,very efficiently it seems, with rust.
Speeding along at 4.7 mph.
I often experience a fleeting urge to sort them out, wondering if I could alleviate some of their obvious suffering. Help them to experience a good cycling posture on a well set up bike.
But it's only a fleeting urge and I look and I smile and I wonder...................................
Noooooooooooo, I won't have the Derney Bike fellow slated like this, they do a very fine job ^_^

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've mentioned this before. There's a chap in my village who rides to work every day on a newish Raleigh. He wears an anorak and jeans and white trainers all the time, even in the summer. He rides with his heels on the pedals with his feet pointing outwards, a big rucksack on his back, it hurts me to watch him, and every time I see him I want to sort him out. But it's non of my business, I'll leave him alone, its not my place to try and make his life easier.

Top Bottom