Weird Habits while cycling

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Peter Armstrong, 22 Jul 2012.

1. Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong Über Member

What weird stuff do you do?

Some of my weird habits I have noticed plus other random stuff,

When I slow down because of a hill or somthing, I look down at my gears like theres a problem thats why im going slow, or look behind me as if Im slowing down for someone ,

You can tell if a drivers a D**K just by the distance he leaves as he passes you,

You nod a other cyclists

2. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

The 2nd n 3rd are normal.
    I sometimes look down to the chainrings to see if it's me or am I still on the big ring.

3. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

On long solo rides I sometimes play 'spit golf' - aiming at something at the side of the road, or talk to myself using dodgy accents. :huh:

4. Bobario

Bobario Well-Known Member

i say hello to other cyclists

i say hello to sheep

i say hello to cows

theres a dog in the street next to mine that barks a hello back if you say hello to it.

i sometimes talk to myself on long solo rides.

compo and smokeysmoo like this.
  5. Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger im a little tea pot

I keep checking my rear tyre to make sure it's not flat (whilst riding too!)

I also pump them up every couple of days

I try and keep my cadence above 80 all the time!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

6. zizou

zizou Veteran

Sing songs

Not just any songs though, songs that I would normally think are shoot but for some reason just seem to come into my head when cycling!

See exhibit A....i think it must have been used as music during a montage during the Tour de France years ago when i was a wee boy because it (the bassline in particular) just makes me think of guys like Lemond, Millar and co

7. Norm

Norm Guest

I'm from Berkshire, I've got a dodgy accent whenever I talk. ^_^

8. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Yup, i do that...a branch, a drain, a piece of litter, anything that catches my eye.

9. Willo

Willo Well-Known Member

I often tell dogs to f*** off when they charge at the gate barking and making me jump when I cycle past (and recently I called a dog a much worse word when it charged at me as I cycled (very fast as a result) past a small farm, not realising it was tethered so it could only reach the end of the drive).

For some reason only when a car is behind me, I sometimes unclip when approaching a junction and stretch my leg, wiggling my foot as though I've got cramp or something.

Sometimes commentate to myself pretending I'm in some epic stage of a major race to get me through a tough spell.

I've done the false waiting for someone look in the past when struggling on a hill during a sportive.

SHornswaggle likes this.
  10. 400bhp

400bhp Guru

Sing childrens' songs. I think they are usually sang in my head but sometimes they slip out.

Yo ho ho ho, doing the pirate dance.

Edwards80 and MrJamie like this.
  11. AnythingButVanilla

AnythingButVanilla Über Member

I sing rubbish songs and talk to any cats and dogs that I pass.

Pat "5mph" and Boris Bajic like this.
  12. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

Ditto. Daft question, but how do you measure your cadence?

Sent from my FondleSlab using Tapatalk HD

13. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

Theme tunes to kids tv programmes, can`t beat a bit of "yes my name is iggle piggle to draw looks from the peleton :smile:

Edwards80 likes this.
  14. 400bhp

400bhp Guru

Yeah, I bloody whistle that bugger.

15. Berties

Berties Fast and careful!

moo at the cows,oink at the pigs,bleat at the sheep........where is my therapist ?I need help:hyper:

Boris Bajic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice