Weird Habits while cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The first cyclist I see on a ride I say hello to.
If they say hi back, the next cyclist get's a hi.
If they don't respond, then I don't say hi to another cyclist until one say's hi to me first.

Is that weird or what?

defy-one

I flex my hands & arms to releive numbness,but i also make repeated fists like i'm sugar ray lenoard :weird

I say thanks to drivers that wait or give me a wide berth.

I always speed up as women come into sidewalk view

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I fiddle a lot with my bar tape. I twist it one way to tighten it, then it comes loose somewhere else.
I'm also constantly checking my back tyre, knowing that it could puncture any second., and i also look (far too often) at my back wheel to check that it hasn't a wobble.:huh:

Klaus

Sometimes when passing under low hanging branches I duck, even though there's still enough clear space ....
I look at my gear rings.

ushills

Veteran
Seem to have a lot of pigeons on my routes so a regular "hello mr pigeon" from me.

That and crappy songs that come into my head.

Lots of swearing at the gods when trying to maintain my average speed up a hill.

moo at the cows,oink at the pigs,bleat at the sheep........where is my therapist ?I need help:hyper:

Cattle and sheep, me too! I never see pigs from my saddle.

There's more to the farm thing though... I count the heads that turn my way when I moo or bleat. I compete... against myself.

I also practise my pronunciation in foreign on long rides. Usually just before I notice I've got a wheelsucker. Then I start to feel awkward and go very quiet.

Sandra6

Veteran
If we're all doing the same "odd" stuff, that makes it normal, right?!
I talk to myself, to drivers -usually "you can't come past me" or "stay there you pillock" - to passing animals.
I listen to my bike sometimes, then talk to it too.
I do impressions of my spin instructor too, helps me up the hills -sometimes.
I think spit golf is pretty disgusting though.

Top Bottom