What’s stopping women cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Back from the pub and I can't help thinking after catching up on this thread that the whole discussion would be a whole lot easier in a pub. Around a table, face to face, where different positions don't seem quite so yes/no and reactions are not so polarised. There's a dialogue here, perhaps not particularly obvious under all the noise, but it's there nevertheless and still worth carrying on, for me anyway.
Bottoms up :cheers:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Well i did escape the bullshit for a couple of hours.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

derrick

What is your purpose posting here?
It's a forum anyone can post. The origanal question has been answerd. But there are people on here that for some reason will not except this. They want the men to say it's there fault.
Reason number one they do not want to
Some woman have no interest in cycling there choice.
Some women think it'dangerous to ride on the roads. That will not change till the goverment start taking cyclist seriously. It will be many years before we get to where Holland is. I really do not see what the problem is if women choose not to cycle. It's there choice.

derrick

Yes i agree. It's nothing to do with men.As you know i was in the pup this evening. Spoke to three women. Casually asked about cycling the answers i got are as in the previous post.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes i agree. It's nothing to do with men.As you know i was in the pup this evening. Spoke to three women. Casually asked about cycling the answers i got are as in the previous post.
So those of us who have received verbal abuse from men while cycling (including myself) have made it up, imagined it, misheard...?

derrick

So those of us who have received verbal abuse from men while cycling (including myself) have made it up, imagined it, misheard...?
I never said it's right.i know you have not imagined it. But there will always be arsoles out there. I wish i knew the answer.But in time hopefully things will change. But at the end of the day people will only cycle if they want to.

Top Bottom