What a crazy world we live in!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
We could easily pay surgeons a million quid a week, and nurses too if you like.

Just write the amount of tax you'd like to pay on the back of an envelope...

Quite. I don't understand this salary comparison argument. Do those who complain about disparities want the surgeons to earn as much as the footballers (so we, the non-surgeons, have to pay for this) or do they want footballers to earn as much as surgeons (how do you control how much someone in China pays someone?)

Surgeons are clever people. But there are actually quite a lot of clever people around. That's why they get paid a good whack, but not a stratospheric amount. How many people possess Bale's football skills? Very, very few and it's a very popular skill to watch. Hence the stratospheric amounts involved

In my line of work I talk to people around the globe. They all want to talk about football, particularly Premiership football. Here in UK most people don't realise how globally popular English football is

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Why do people always find excuses to justify the absurd, obscene amount of money these guys make for very little work?
Like I said in my title, we live in a crazy world that showers people with limited talents with huge amount of money .
so it is all about the money isn't it.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Here in UK most people don't realise how globally popular English football is
Stopped in a little village in the middle of Morocco recently to get a few bits for lunch. Three of the four people in the shop didn't speak French, much less English. But mention of 'Arsenal...Manchester City...Liverpool' brought beaming smiles all round.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Stopped in a little village in the middle of Morocco recently to get a few bits for lunch. Three of the four people in the shop didn't speak French, much less English. But mention of 'Arsenal...Manchester City...Liverpool' brought beaming smiles all round.

I was in some small city in rural China and I had a long conversation with the taxi driver about Wayne Rooney

screenman

Legendary Member
There is a cleaner at a place I go too who is never to be seen doing any work, he is well known for being idle and hiding from anything that may look like work, he is overpaid in my humble, the fact that I contribute to his wages has made me mention it in the past.

lane

Veteran
Quite. I don't understand this salary comparison argument. Do those who complain about disparities want the surgeons to earn as much as the footballers (so we, the non-surgeons, have to pay for this) or do they want footballers to earn as much as surgeons (how do you control how much someone in China pays someone?)

Surgeons are clever people. But there are actually quite a lot of clever people around. That's why they get paid a good whack, but not a stratospheric amount. How many people possess Bale's football skills? Very, very few and it's a very popular skill to watch. Hence the stratospheric amounts involved

In my line of work I talk to people around the globe. They all want to talk about football, particularly Premiership football. Here in UK most people don't realise how globally popular English football is

In some fields being slightly better than anyone else or most people can translate to big rewards. Some barristers earn large sums but the majority do not. Sports people obviously. Some areas of finance arguably. Maybe not doctors or surgeons or teachers or social workers though - the really good ones probably get little or nothing more than the barely adequate. It all depends if there is a market mechanism to provide exceptional rewards to the truly exceptional in the field.

Top Bottom