What a pleasure......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephen brown

It is to meet other cyclists, I have been cycling for about a year now and almost without exception everyone has been friendly and cheerful, a minimum of a nod as you pass on the road, happy to show u a new trail in the forest, how this differs from my previous hobby...Golf, where everyone hates their life, jealous of their playing partners, talk constantly about how bad business is, moan when u miss a putt or fairway and you have to pay a small fortune to be a member of a club that let's ladies play between 1-2 on days that don't end in a Y and under 16s get treated worse than inmates at guantanamo bay

I'm happy after 28 years of playing golf I have finally found a sport that keeps me fit, I meet decent people and own 2 bikes for less than the cost of 1 years membership at a half decent club

Now only If I had saved all the money I have spent looking for an extra 10 yards on my drives I could have bought Wiggos bike 5 times over...still, here's to the future

Sorry, rant over....

redcard

Veteran
Welcome.

You must have been pretty lucky so far, because some of us are right c****.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It is to meet other cyclists, I have been cycling for about a year now and almost without exception everyone has been friendly and cheerful, a minimum of a nod as you pass on the road, happy to show u a new trail in the forest, how this differs from my previous hobby...Golf, where everyone hates their life, jealous of their playing partners, talk constantly about how bad business is, moan when u miss a putt or airway and you have to pay a small fortune to be a member of a club that let's ladies play between 1-2 on days that don't end in a Y and under 16s get treated worse than inmates at guantanamo bay

I'm happy after 28 years of playing golf I have finally found a sport that keeps me fit, I meet decent people and own 2 bikes for less than the cost of 1 years membership at a half decent club

No only If I had saved all the money I have spent looking for an extra 10 yards on my drives I could have bought Wiggos bike 5 times over...still, here's to the future

Sorry, rant over....
If you catch a golf ball under your rear tyre just right you can give it a fair old ping! Golf will be fun once more:whistle:

Oh, yes, welcome!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Golf! What a silly bunch of nana's they are. Why on earth would you want to play golf? I mean, these people go out in all weathers either on their own or with their mates. Wear funny looking clothing. And are on a never ending cash splurge for ever new shiny bling.. why oh why oh why? Bloody weirdo's golfers are.

D

Deleted member 1258

Cycling can be amazing, even after more than 40 years I can still find it making me grin like the cheshire cat, and even after all that time there's always something new to learn.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
and own 2 bikes for less than the cost of 1 years membership at a half decent club

Are you sure you're not skimping on bike related stuff? :unsure: ;)

OP
OP
Stephen brown

Stephen brown

Top rant snipped. But the bit I've left intrigues me. Can you put some numbers on that? How much does a half decent club cost to belong to?

Lol, I was paying best part of £1,800 a year. Plus the joining fee was £1500 ( payable over over 5 years, although I think that's been waived now), then I moved to a cheaper club

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I still like to get out and play a bit of golf, but only public courses, and only 1 shot in 5 ever goes where I want.

Sometimes I wish I had a club with me when I'm on the bike.

Welcome.

Kookas

Über Member
Lol, I was paying best part of £1,800 a year. Plus the joining fee was £1500 ( payable over over 5 years, although I think that's been waived now), then I moved to a cheaper club

Is that standard sort of price for 'decent' cycling clubs? Jesus. How much cheaper was the cheap club?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I love golf courses. I run through a couple and they're quaint and pretty but have never seen the attraction of the game itself.

Top Bottom