What album did you buy last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Well it wasn't last night because it was only released today so I downloaded it and bought the CD as well. the album I'm referring to? "The Voltarol Years" from Britain's greatest working band, Half Man Half Biscuit.

Some outSTANDing stuff on this showing the writing ability of our next Poet Laureate, Nigel Blackwell but a real crowd-pleaser is the stupendous 'Midnight Mass Murder.' With a suitably impressive ending!
so annoying the the vinyl is released at the end of July whilst the CD was released today :sad: I know there's only half a pressing plant left in the northern hemisphere and a huge backlog but... it's still annoying that us proper music lovers have to wait :whistle:

PaulB

Legendary Member
so annoying the the vinyl is released at the end of July whilst the CD was released today :sad: I know there's only half a pressing plant left in the northern hemisphere and a huge backlog but... it's still annoying that us proper music lovers have to wait :whistle:
You're absolutely correct. Since I went back to the vinyl, I've realised just what an event playing music actually is. An art we'd by and large lost. I had to teach my grandchildren what you have to do to bring the music to your ears and that you can't pull the black spinning thing out of the box and expect to still hear the sounds. And the sounds are MUCH better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

My main gripe with CDs is the cover art is just too damn small. If they'd stuck with the 10" laser disc format for music CDs, i might have bought more CDs. I must admit though when i do buy vinyl these days, the first time i play it is the time i grab a digital copy and I'll listen to it off the HD from there on :blush:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Brand new album from one of Germany's finest, The Scorpions.
Popped through the letterbox this morning. Brilliant, classic German heavy metal.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Just ordered a set of 8 Ornette Coleman Jazz albums for a princely tenner. Not easy listening by any means but "shape of jazz to come" is arguably the start of "free jazz". I do find some jazz a bit hard going to be honest but also like to expand my horizons a bit from time to time, and hey, a tenner. I'll perhaps have to keep reminding myself that "jazz is better than it sounds"

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Wouldn't have given this a second look back in the day, but a reeeeeally slow St Louis Blues by Chris Barber showed up on a long-forgotten tape made for me by Hugh getting on 40 years ago, and it was wonderful, so I thought well, sometimes you just have to fling caution to the winds (£1.50) and you know what? It's great!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Marillion's new album An Hour Before Dark
1646301221738.png

Should be with me tomorrow
But in the meantime I've been enjoying the lead track from the album Be Hard On Yourself

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

I've been at it again.

A trip to Manchester resulted in me bringing one LP back with me... a limited repress of the Quatermass & the Pit OST (I'm a sucker for an obscure movie soundtrack on vinyl). I almost bought Tunng's first album but figure £23 was a bit steep. So got home, had a look on Discogs and got it for erm... £23 :whistle: Then heard Bodega have a new LP out so ordered that too.

Top Bottom