what are fairly puncture resistant tyres that are easy to get on and off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Is there any reason why I couldn't fit 35 size on my bike...seems like the schwlbe land cruisers come in 35. I have 28s at present.
Poking around on the E vans website suggests you can - there's a couple of similar questions against the Shiuoka .001 which suggest the max tyre size is 35mm or 38mm.

Bodhbh

Guru
My Mean Time Between P$&^*@!*s with Marathon (plain version) is about 2 years.
On a tour up to Norway, I got one of them during the whole journey.
Marathon+ are better suited to situations and riders where fixing it yourself is not going to be an option.

^^ I dunno why everyone always goes for the nuclear option. Regular Marathons are great tyres and the puncture resistance is fine, as it is with most of the Marathon range.

I know I'm asking for it, but Vittoria Rubinos have served me pretty well on my daily commute through the cr#p-strewn streets of West London. Under a tenner each.
I had these on my work/general-purpose bike, but the rear was losing its tread at about 2,000 miles
No punctures though:okay:
it's now wearing Schwalbe Luganos

One of my old commuters had Schwalbe 'Blizzard' (I think they were), & they were extremely puncture proof, look how far down I wore them, before knowing how bad they were:wacko:
2007. Yellow Bike. 3.JPG 2007. Yellow Bike. 5.JPG

Schwalbe One have good reviews recently and Marathons are dependable... or if you're OK with slightly less resistance, Luganos.
As above

Schwalbe 'One' on the Gran Fondo, but it's 'house-bound', for the winter, due to the filthy roads, and standing water

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
look how far down I wore them, before knowing how bad they were:wacko:
I can't remember what Blizzards look like. Is that red a surface stripe, or the protection worn through the rubber?

Also I'm not sure I'd worry about the tread wearing off a tyre - by then, it's usually worn in enough to grip fairly well and tread remains at the edges - unless you mean it starts to delaminate! :eek:

I can't remember what Blizzards look like. Is that red a surface stripe, or the protection worn through the rubber?

Also I'm not sure I'd worry about the tread wearing off a tyre - by then, it's usually worn in enough to grip fairly well and tread remains at the edges - unless you mean it starts to delaminate! :eek:
It's the banding, the tyres were green, as shown in the 'side-by-side' pic, with the also removed, but cut-up, front

Reactions: mjr

Globalti

Legendary Member
ANY tyre is easy to get on and off if you use talc, the best natural dry lubricant known for sticky rubber.

Top Bottom