What are you doing for Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It is just going to be us and the children on Christmas day, I wish I could say no early starts but even as teenagers they get excited and have to get up to investigate their stockings (THEN go back to bed for some more sleep!). Then we will have to visit family, in a couple of different places, run the eldest back to get to get back to their holiday job - as there won't be trains running on Boxing Day, and trying and catch up for a walk with friends too. In some ways I prefer the quiet after the big day, as you can ignore the sales and just take it easy.

We will be at home with Rocky Minor and Gravel (our two sons). I'm not sure we can trust them to not trash the house, were we to be absent - they are only 22 and 25 after all.
Thing is Rocky, Gravel would probably also manage to lose a limb in the process.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
It's not my turn this year, so Christmas Day is me, Ma, Pa and possibly my best mate. I have the girls over Boxing Day. My sister and her family are coming over that day too, so I probably will be the creepy uncle (especially as I haven't bought my nieces Nerf guns this year...).

ScotiaLass

Guru
My husbands family are all in the states (he's American) and I don't have many family here, so it'll just be me and the two boys as my husband is working night shift over both holidays.
My daughter (19) is popping by on Christmas morning with her boyfriend and I'll speak to my other daughter and two grandsons via Skype.
My son in Cheshire is working, so I expect he'll call at some point.
I don't even think I'll cook this year as they have requested a Chinese take-away....suits me, if it's not too cold or wet I'll head to the woods on the MTB with my new GoPro. Happy Christmas to me!

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Son coming home for a few days, which will probably result in a few arguments between me and him - we get on really well at his place, in the pub, on the phone etc, but as soon as he steps inside our house he and I morph into Steptoe & Son and end up bickering all the time - I think it must be the young bull / old bull phenomenon.

Christmas Day - hopefully an hour's bike ride AM, dinner with wife, son, daughter and father in law
Boxing Day - hopefully an hour's bike ride AM, footy match (Everton v Stoke City) with son, then to my sister's to see her, her kids and my mum
27th - Christmas meal and night out with friends
28th - Meeting up with old school friends in the city centre - watching Newcastle v Everton in some pub somewhere, then food, beer and tomfoolery

Season's greetings all!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Number 1 son is cooking this year - smoked turkey in this beastie

KJ+for+newsletter.jpg

Top Bottom