What are you doing for Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mother in laws as usual. FIL passed away recently. We will be doing all the cooking and probably being bossed about, do this job and that. Oh and nowhere to sit as the dining room is now a bedroom.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I'm heading over to a friend's for Christmas dinner. If all goes to plan, I'll walk the dog in the morning, cycle the long way round to my friend's, stuff myself silly, crawl home as slowly as it's possible to go without falling over sideways, take the dog out again - and then hopefully make it to the sofa before my legs collapse under my own body weight.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I wasn't a great fan of Christmas in the first place, but spending 24 hours holding my dying mum's hand on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day 2010 while wonderful nurses dressed in Santa Claus outfits wandered round the ward handing out cards and presents and singing carols to the patients ripped me to bits and I don't like to be reminded of it.

Oh ****, I just reminded myself ... :sad:

Happy Christmas! :cry:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I wasn't a great fan of Christmas in the first place, but spending 24 hours holding my dying mum's hand on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day 2010 while wonderful nurses dressed in Santa Claus outfits wandered round the ward handing out cards and presents and singing carols to the patients ripped me to bits and I don't like to be reminded of it.

Oh ****, I just reminded myself ... :sad:

Happy Christmas! :cry:
:hugs:

Really weird this year as it's the first time of being home alone on Christmas Day...by that I mean just me, the wife and the kids...no inlaws etc at all! Just worried that it's going to seem like a 'normal day'!!! Any tips...please advise :snowball:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm going to be on a ship with Aunty Nick* and my mother. Did it last year and the bar was surprisingly affordable. Daughter knows me well enough to know that when it comes to presents I'm like a rabbit in headlights so we go off to buy whatever it is that they didn't get or need in the New Year.

*That's what my granddaughter calls my brother.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
nurses dressed in Santa Claus outfits

There are worse things to be reminded of :thumbsup:

We'll have my mother, M-I-L and my sister with us. My sister has invited herself as her husband wants to go to his rellies and she doesn't really like them. So long as he doesn't roll up with her all will be fine, he's a bit of a pain in the arse.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We are going to a tiny old cottage about five metres from a creek. There will be a modest tribe of four souls including my mother-in-law who is great fun. We will be there for a week, during which time about 90kg of house coal will be consumed in the grate in the sitting room, the only form of heating in the place. It is internet-free and mobile signals don't reach you unless you climb 600 yards up a hill, which we don't . Food and drink will be consumed, and we will all sleep like babies after some brief walks along sunken paths and lanes.
The end of the M4, on our way home, will seem like this....
[media]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBw_da7BZk
[/media]

Top Bottom