What are you doing for Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
In no particular order I'll be..

Watching my favourite seasonal movies, and a few of TLH's
Cooking Xtmas dinner with all the trimmings
Going to Mass
Running a parkrun
Eating dinner with the younglings, TLH, her mother who has dementia, and a collection of waifs and strays we've gathered over the last 12 months.

And I'll love every minute.

EDIT: accompanied by a soundtrack from The Sixteen and Future of Forestry, of course.

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
If I wrote what I what I was doing for Christmas day it would break the swear filter on this site.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Working . 150 booked at the restaurant will leave at 7pm , I just right the day off ,we do Christmas on the 24th and 26th
Money on Christmas day for the tolls is just to good to close,
My family just get on without me..

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
It will just be me, Hover Fly, the twins, my mother, five sisters with husbands or boyfriends and nieces or nephews and an as yet unknown number of aunts, uncles and cousins, divided between staying at my house or my brother's, for varying periods between four days and two weeks.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
It will just be me, Hover Fly, the twins, my mother, five sisters with husbands or boyfriends and nieces or nephews and an as yet unknown number of aunts, uncles and cousins, divided between staying at my house or my brother's, for varying periods between four days and two weeks.
:laugh:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

Sounds unbearable to me, way too many folks and way too much going on.

And I like to measure family visits in hours, not days or, heaven forbid, weeks.

Yours,

Ebenezer.

The time seems to fly, I have borrowed a boat to take them out on Windermere in shifts, and I would much sooner have them than sit on my own watching the clock willing it to get round to bedtime.

Brandane

Legendary Member
That reminds me of the previous generation of my family. At least 2 branches of the family used to uproot en masse and move into another Uncle and Aunts house a few days before New Year, and stay there for a week or more. About ten of them, camped out on the floor in a one bathroom house, it must have been torture! The strange thing being, they all lived within two miles of each other anyway. I thought nothing of it at the time, but now I am older I cannot see the point. I like my own bed!

Roscoe

Veteran
Christmas Day at ours with the wife, my mum, her dad, teenage son and 2 dogs. Turkey and all the trimmings, can't wait. Same again Boxing Day, minus the son who will be at his girlfriends. Not very exciting, just nice to be with our nearest and dearest.

On the 27th, mum and I will go and lay flowers for my dear old dad who passed away on the 27th 10 years ago.

Some nice early rides planned in preparation for the nosh!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I will ride my bike to my friend's, panniers full of edible goodies.
While the main course is cooking in the oven, we will have a merry catch up, lots of nibbles, lots of laughs.
Then we will eat the Christmas log I baked :hungry:, and eventually I will ride home in the early hours, because I'm working on Boxing day and don't like to leave the cat alone overnight.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I thought it was going to be the four of us at home this time. Me wife daughter and dog,for the first time ever,but unfortunately i've been talked into travelling 20 miles in an expensive taxi to visit the sister in law's family. No doubt we'll have one of those "stand back to back to see whose the tallest" sessions as her husband and sons are "giants"!:dry:

Last edited:
Top Bottom