What are you doing for Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Unless it's howling down with rain. Beach with the dogs and a bike ride. Not necessarily in that order though.

We tend to go off and have a picnic somewhere on Christmas Day. Our worst failure was Dovedale on Christmas Day, I've never ever seen it so busy. Bloomin' heaving with walkers and other people avoiding creepy uncles, daft aunts and whatnot.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
We'll be going back to my folks' place in Hampshire for Christmas for the first time in 2 years. My sister and family will be coming down from Glasgow too, which will be really nice. I usually do a fair amount of the cooking, with my mum. I will be hoping for relatively mild weather compared to Ontario so I can get some long runs in...

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Will be with my fiancee here in Hong kong with his parents. Then, Xmas dinner (again) with friends who have just moved here from Brighton. Will be an Xmas party/housewarming do.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Unless it's howling down with rain. Beach with the dogs and a bike ride. Not necessarily in that order though.

We tend to go off and have a picnic somewhere on Christmas Day. Our worst failure was Dovedale on Christmas Day, I've never ever seen it so busy. Bloomin' heaving with walkers and other people avoiding creepy uncles, daft aunts and whatnot.
Dovedale is like walking down a High Street most of the time. The nicest dale is Lathkill dale with great pubs at each end, the Bulls Head in Monyash and the Lathkill Hotel in Over Haddon but I can't vouch for either being open on Christmas Day.
Mind if I lived out your way I think it'd be Wells next the sea for me, just the beach and returning through the pinewoods, heaven.

Over the other halfs Dads for Christmas day with her brothe, his missus and their little 'un which will mainly involve playing with the boy most of the day;there won't be any indulgence until we get back home when it'll be a nice red with Father Ted and The league of Gentlemen Christmas specials.
Boxing day is going to be a full on feast with just the two of us the only problem being the club ride is the next day so that could be fun.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Dovedale is like walking down a High Street most of the time. The nicest dale is Lathkill dale with great pubs at each end, the Bulls Head in Monyash and the Lathkill Hotel in Over Haddon but I can't vouch for either being open on Christmas Day.
Mind if I lived out your way I think it'd be Wells next the sea for me, just the beach and returning through the pinewoods, heaven.
We've known it quiet and really didn't think that it would be that busy on Xmas morning.

Wells is on our list. Hubster quite fancies Winterton for some strange and unknown reason, unless its just because it's just up the A47 and really easy to drive to. I am trying to dissuade him and plugging the Wells option.

Peteaud

Veteran
If its going to be a sunny day then disposable BBq on the beach somewhere near Sidmouth. If the weather is poor, then a blooody great big doorstep fishfinger sandwhich with extra cheese and hp sauce, at home with Mrs Aud. :hungry:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
We've known it quiet and really didn't think that it would be that busy on Xmas morning.

Wells is on our list. Hubster quite fancies Winterton for some strange and unknown reason, unless its just because it's just up the A47 and really easy to drive to. I am trying to dissuade him and plugging the Wells option.
I first went there as a kid over 45 years ago but 3 years ago Maz wanted to go to the seaside so I said Wells then. We found the best B&B ever there at a house called Machrimore (its on t'internet) the rooms are in converted outbuildings so you can come and go as you please and the gardens are fantastic plus they don't mind you sitting out in them and have tables and chairs for guests out there. I'd recommend it to anyone as long as you aren't taking kids.

Matt1705

Über Member
Spending a few days at my mum's, but more out of a sense of duty rather than actually wanting to.
Call me bah humbug but I just don't feel Christmassy at all this year

jayonabike