What are you reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sjw

I have a few native American books. It's my obsession at the moment. I read Stolen Life. Highly recommend Neither Wolf nor Dog. Very thought provoking stuff

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
The Red House - Mark Haddon

Creative to say the least:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2012/may/09/red-house-mark-haddon-review

Sword of Honour - Evelyn Waugh

Its the first Waugh novel I’ve read and I must admit I’m really enjoying it.

Based loosely on the author’s WWII exploits, it is both very funny in places while also being a damning indictment of wars and the kind of people who prosper in them.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member

Based loosely on the author’s WWII exploits, it is both very funny in places while also being a damning indictment of wars and the kind of people who prosper in them.

My father really liked that book, but I found it rather dry and did not get very far. I enjoyed Scoop, but Black Mischief was a little too racist for me, while the humour in Handful of Dust was rather too black.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The Texas Instruments LM311 datasheet. My glasses are steaming up with excitement.

I am just starting to read the Blind Watchmaker by Richard Dawkins. A friend says it is a better read than the Selfish Gene.

We shall see.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just finished The Life of Pi for the second time. Enjoyed it just as much as the first time (was that really 15 years ago? Owoooo!) - ie, loads. A really terrific book, well worthy Booker winner.

slow scot

Veteran

Glad you like it.It's one volume of a famous trilogy. Try "Decline and Fall" next, it's the novel that made his name in English literature standings.

Top Bottom