What are you reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Currently revisiting Bob Judd's series of motor racing novels. Have read "Formula One" and about 1/3 way through "Indy". Three more to go after that. Bought them when they first came out in the late 80s / early 90s - an odd choice for a teenage schoolgirl (as I was then) but hey, there you go...

On my "to read" pile is "Destiny's Conflict" - book 10 in Janny Wurts' "Wars of Light and Shadow" series. If anyone likes epic fantasy, I can't recommend this series highly enough.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
the world according to G
cost me 80 pence to reserve it at the library.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Horowitz and Hill, The Art of Electronics, 2nd edition. Precision rectifier circuits. It's all Greek to me.
P1030712.JPG

colly

Re member eR
The Spy and the Traitor Ben MacIntyre. Gripping stuff.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've a vague recollection of working from that book at university in the 1980s! :okay:

I'll just nip up to my attic bedroom to see if I still have a copy in my boxes of books up there ...
My original paperback version was bought in about 1981. A fantastic book for "on the job training". One of the very best books on electronics.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nope - my copy seems to have gone off to that great textbook recycling centre in the sky.

However, I did find a copy of Electromagnetism by I.S.Grant and W.R.Phillips. If you are ever stuck for interesting bedtime reading I can particularly recommend Chapter 4 - on Steady Currents and Magnetic Fields... If you don't enjoy reading it, at least it will help you doze off! :laugh:

Electromagnetism.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Flipping heck!
That's what I thought, looking at it again for the first time in over 30 years ... I crammed it all into my head in the mid-1980s and kept it there just long enough to pass my exams and then set about forgetting it again! :smile:

The lecturer kept telling us how important all of that stuff was for designing transmission lines, radar dishes, transmitter masts etc. I knew that I wouldn't ever do any of those things and would end up playing with computers instead.

Top Bottom