What are you reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just finished these two (both on Kindle):

Bad Blood: Secrets & Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup (John Carreyrou).

Superb expose of one Elizabeth Holmes founder & CEO of Threranos and briefly the golden child of Silicon Valley. From zero to hereo and all the way back to zero in the blink of an eye. At one point her smoke and mirrors enterprise gave her a net worth of $5 billion. A real page turner.

The Spider Network: The Wild Story of a Maths Genius and One of the Greatest Scams in Financial History (David Enrick).

Stunning insight into the Libor scandal and how the main character, the far from innocent but naive Tom Hayes, was left hung out to dry. Another that I couldn't put down.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

Drago

Legendary Member
American Sniper.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The new Jack Reacher - Past Tense. Only a handful of chapters in, but very good so far.

And before that Guy Martin - We Need To Weaken The Mixture.
Very entertaining but there is just enough of familiarity creeping in to have me starting to wonder how long he can keep milking this cow

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
If you like Guy Martin @NorthernDave have you read Carl Fogarty's autobiography?

I bought it when it came out - one heck of an entertaining read. Was sitting there laughing and shaking my head in disbelief at the same time.

Yes, it's an really good read.

Foggy's former team mate James Whitham's book "What A Good Do" is also a really good book from a former racer. I've met him and he's exactly what you'd expect in real life.

Yes, it's an really good read.

Foggy's former team mate James Whitham's book "What A Good Do" is also a really good book from a former racer. I've met him and he's exactly what you'd expect in real life.

I haven't read Jamie Witham's book, but I'll keep an eye out for it. A friend of mine has met Jamie on a number of occasions and says he's a right blast to be with.

Have to admit that I'm more into four wheels rather than two. "Gilles Villeneuve - the life of a legendary racing driver" by Gerald Donaldson is worth reading if that sort of thing floats your boat. As is the book on James Hunt by the same author.

Levo-Lon

Guru
@Reynard

Taking of Jamie..

Possibly my favourite YT clip..
I think you'll like this...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uEd5YhLAfyE

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I haven't read Jamie Witham's book, but I'll keep an eye out for it. A friend of mine has met Jamie on a number of occasions and says he's a right blast to be with.

Have to admit that I'm more into four wheels rather than two. "Gilles Villeneuve - the life of a legendary racing driver" by Gerald Donaldson is worth reading if that sort of thing floats your boat. As is the book on James Hunt by the same author.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for them.

Top Bottom