What book are you currently reading?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2846421, member: 259"]Is that in German? There are a few books by him/co-written, but only in German as far as I could see.

"Wir haben fast alles falsch gemacht: Die letzten Tage der DDR" looks interesting.[/quote]
Yes that's the one - it was a Christmas present from my beloved (albeit one I had asked for).

icky

gone pedlin
Graham Masterton's White Bones

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I have started reading Lionel Asbo by Martin Amis. It has already made me snort out loud in a public place. Think Shameless but more so, or just about any strip from Viz. I doubt Polly Toynbee or Owen Jones would like it.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The Man-Eaters of Tsavo & other adventures in East Africa by J H Patterson.

Inspired the film "Ghost & the Darkness" and as ever, the book beats the film hands down !

Shogun by James Clavell. I am about a third of the way through, and so lost in the twists and turns of the double crosses and double-double crosses that my head is spinning. But I will stick with it.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Just started "Running with the Kenyans" by Adharanand Finn.

Very interesting book. Coincidentally, just after I'd finished it, I caught the end of a programme on Sky where Chris Froome was in the same place in Kenya setting up cycling training facilities. Black, Kenyan World Champion by 2020 anyone?

I'm now reading Mark Cavendish, At Speed.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The Man-Eaters of Tsavo & other adventures in East Africa by J H Patterson.

Inspired the film "Ghost & the Darkness" and as ever, the book beats the film hands down !

I have seen the "Ghost and the Darkness" in person, big lions they are.
275px-Lionsoftsavo2008.jpg

They are in Chicago, in the Field Museum of Natural History. Wikipedia picture, I have a better one somewhere.

Keith Oates

Janner
Shogun by James Clavell. I am about a third of the way through, and so lost in the twists and turns of the double crosses and double-double crosses that my head is spinning. But I will stick with it.

It is well worth sticking with it, I enjoyed reading it some time ago. It's a shame he's not still around to write some more as he's one of my favorite authors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
"Accrington's Pals, The Full Story" by Andrew Jackson. The history of the 11th East Lancashire Regiment through the first world war. My wife had relatives serving in the pals, one who died on 1st July 1916, the 1st day of the Somme offensive, so a very interesting, and poignant book.

Top Bottom