What book are you currently reading?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Toeclip

Guru
I`ve just started on Bonkers Britain by Will Jackson. Which as this warning on the cover: This book should only be use by those trained in lifting books and turning pages. May induce laughter, read with caution and at your own risk.

152l2

Human Punk by John King. :thumbsup:

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
I picked up 5 mint Viz annuals ("The last Turkey in the Shop" to "The Billposters Bucket") each going for £1.99 in my local Oxfam yesterday evening. They will give me quite literally a few hours of quality toilet reading.

Toeclip

Guru
I`ve just started on At speed by Mark Cavendish, I`ve been a great fan of him for sometime now. Seen him a few times around the Essex lanes and at a cake stop, the Blue Egg near Great Bardfield.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
"Among the Russians - from the Baltic to the Caucasus" by Colin Thubron. This was written early in the 80's and describes his journey by road through Russia.

To quote Martin Auty from the back cover, "Travel writing has never been more provocative, profound or poetic."

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Having a break from the seafaring books for a bit and have instead been working my way though some of the other books I've had sitting waiting, so here's an update:

Raising Steam - Terry Pratchett. I like his books and it's good to see he's still on good form despite his health. My only observation is that the ending feels something of a rush, as though there were slightly too many ideas for one story.
A Lake District Grand Tour - Mike Carden. Enjoyed this one, especially as I've ridden quite a few of the roads he takes around the southern lakes.
Shada - Gareth Roberts' novelisation of the Doctor Who story by Douglas Adams. Very good. It's a shame this story was never completed for TV as it would have been a classic.

Current book is The Code of the Woosters - P.G. Wodehouse. Convoluted upper-class silliness. Very good fun.:thumbsup:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I am half way through Middlemarch, just another forty-five chapters to go. Not bad, actually. LOL funny in places, although the narration is a little hard to follow in places.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The latest book from Tom Holt---It's a jar. I am having a little trouble getting into the book, it seems even more convoluted than all his earlier books which i have enjoyed emensely.

Top Bottom