What book are you currently reading?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've got a book called 'You've gone too far this time Sir' by Danny Bent, to read next. About a teacher who rides to India from the UK on a bike called Shirley.
*goes to check it out*
I must check to see if Josie Dew's got anything new out yet as it's been ages since her last book.
Nope, she's been too busy creating the next generation of cyclists. She blogs sporadically.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Nope, she's been too busy creating the next generation of cyclists. She blogs sporadically.

Nice one - good link. Yes she seems to have been very busy!

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik, an alternative history fantasy book of the Napoleonic wars with an air force... made up of dragons

Thats sounds epic!

I dont know why, but I've always got at least two books on the go, normally more. Right now;

The Associate, John Grisham: If you like a quick thriller which doesnt get overly convoluted or require much brainwave activity, I've been pleasently surprised by it.

Aushwitz, Laurence Rees: :eek: The book the BBC documentary series was based on (or possibly visa-versa). Having just finished reading Das Reich I thought that was bad enough as a portrayal of human sadism and corruption, but this is truly something else.

I was also reading recently Holy Blood And Holy Grail - the book The Da Vinci Code was purportedly based on - but unless your command and recall of French names and places is emmulate... :wacko:Dizzying.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Just finished The Great Gatsby

Scarily relevent for the modern age :eek:

I thought that too, hopefully the new film adaptation will be less sappy than the old version -

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rARN6agiW7o

blade1889

Fishing In The Rivers Of Life
His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik, an alternative history fantasy book of the Napoleonic wars with an air force... made up of dragons
The Temeraire series is a brilliant set of books, highly adddictive and a bloody good read. Apparently Peter Jackson has the filming rights.

Doseone

Guru
Can I resurrect this? I've just finished David Millar's book and need inspiration for what to read next.

I want something fiction. I'm tempted by Life of Pi, or to re-read The Thomas Covenant trilogy (Thanks to @Crackle for the suggestion) which I last read when I was a teenager. But I'm open to pursuasion, so if you've read something good recently I'd love to know.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Can I resurrect this? I've just finished David Millar's book and need inspiration for what to read next.

I want something fiction. I'm tempted by Life of Pi, or to re-read The Thomas Covenant trilogy (Thanks to @Crackle for the suggestion) which I last read when I was a teenager. But I'm open to pursuasion, so if you've read something good recently I'd love to know.

I enjoyed The Secret Race by Tyler Hamilton

I recently read Something of the Night by Ian Marchant, which I enjoyed. I like him as an author, he's done a few, including The Longest Crawl, which was basically a pub crawl the length of Britain. He's witty, insightful and real. Read the reviews to see if it suits.

Top Bottom