What DID happen to C+ forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE40443]
Tim Bennet." said:
All the forums associated with Future Publishing's bicycle titles were combined into one mega forum.

However, unlike in the 1960s, when communities in our city centres were 'developed' and 'improved' by herding people into monstrous tower blocks, many people this time around, found they had the option of moving out to a new town in the garden suburbs.

Of course, other communities are available, some (one) of which does a far more proactive job in keeping their streets free of 'deviants'. Here a more liberal approach to caring for these elements within the community is favoured, although at the moment this policy is placing an undue strain on Psychiatric Nurses Arch, User, et al.

Funny -I used to work in a psychiatric hospital.[/QUOTE]

Sawing at those bars must have been tiring. ;)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
So has anyone been back to BR yet ;)

twentysix by twentyfive said:

I visit all 3 main forums - you would be surprised at how many "C+ Deserters" visit BR fairly frequently. You would also be surprised how many never actually left C+/BR but joined CC and pretended.

yenrod

John Ponting;40667][quote name= said:

I visit all 3 main forums - you would be surprised at how many "C+ Deserters" visit BR fairly frequently. You would also be surprised how many never actually left C+/BR but joined CC and pretended.[/QUOTE]

John: thats obvious as this place aint exactly as C+ used to be !

Will1985

Über Member
I was away from internet land for a month and came back to find C+ permanently locked and BR up and running. I must admit I look at both, but think there is just too much on BR. The thing I notice the most is that this is more of a continuation of C+ in terms of where forummers are cycling-wise, while BR is clogged with many questions (in Know How for instance) which were found previously by searching the expansive C+ archives.

And when the time comes, CC will hopefully have a nice forum jersey ;)

jay clock

Massive member
I am back! Having been an active C-plusser for almost 3 years it suddenly became too big. What annoyed me most was not being able to see all the recent posts (I used to be able to see all posts from the past x hrs) and that a new cyclist looking for help would have to decide whether to become a roadie or a baggy short merchant. What about just doing some cycling. And of course lots of the know how crosses over from road to mtb

Anyway, will give this a try. I have only looked at BR about 3 times in the past few weeks. I am also active on www.tritalk.co.uk

Hello Jay! Welcome on board. I'm still finding my feet with CC. It's nice and friendly but there's always the worry that it'll be too nice and bit too cosy and safe. There was always the possibility of being surprised on C+ thanks to the sheer number of members and the steady flow of fresh blood drawn in by the mag. But I'm reasonably hopeful. ;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well it seems I'm a triforumnal whore....

I see CC as my main abode as all of the old C+ Cake-Stop scene seems to reside here...with a bit of soap-box for good measure.
In second place I flit over to BR, mostly for the beginners stuff which was a fave area of the old C+ for me.
Occasionally I pootle-over to ACF as I always have done just for a bit of tranquility and change of scene/opinions.

The Race scene over at BR seems vibrant and Road beginners not too bad but the old cake-stop and soapbox is a shadow of its former self...
It seems to be increasingly active/populated by the MTB'ers, though many of them have found a "cycle-chat" of their own.

Sure they get it sorted one-day....by then I'll be dribbling down me tie and wetting myself in some old fogeys home!

BTW, Welcome Jay!!

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
There was always the possibility of being surprised on C+ thanks to the sheer number of members and the steady flow of fresh blood drawn in by the mag.
Somehow we need to replicate this here. I'm working on a few ideas.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
twentysix by twentyfive said:

I have occasionally been known to post on BR, but the SS Mods there tend to get rather up set by my reverences to CC :sad:

However they are deleting fewer post these days:tongue:

yenrod said:
John: thats obvious as this place aint exactly as C+ used to be !

But they/we "deserted" for just that reason - BR wasn't exactly as C+ used to be.

I've been around for far too many years to really care that much but I've maintained membership of multiple clubs for most of my life. I get what I want from each. I just don't run around telling members that they should leave and join somewhere else.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I have pretty much 'deserted' BR yes, because I find I can waste 9 hours a day here alone. But there's no reason why people shouldn't hang out in both places...

My inital desertion was born out of a feeling of no longer belonging in the same way, and a touch of pique at it all happening the way it did, but I've nothing against BR now, I just don't bother with it...

Top Bottom