What did you want to be?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
I wanted to be a lorry driver....

..... living the dream people, living the dream :thumbsup:
My dad was a lorry driver for many years...I even got a ride in his big truck one day when he did a local job to Glasgow docks - he usually did longer UK trips and was away for several days a week.

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
My dad was a lorry driver for many years...I even got a ride in his big truck one day when he did a local job to Glasgow docks - he usually did longer UK trips and was away for several days a week.
I've done the long distance work and enjoyed it but wanted to spend more time with my young family so working for a supermarket for now (local day work) may return to journey work when kids have grown up, of when I've had enough of them :laugh::whistle:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I wanted to be a vet, but my life took an abrupt turnaround at a very young age and I ended up working in offices and in the end was a manager in a large Insurance company.

although it wasn't what I wanted, it gave me the money to be able to retire at the age of 51.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
I've done the long distance work and enjoyed it but wanted to spend more time with my young family so working for a supermarket for now (local day work) may return to journey work when kids have grown up, of when I've had enough of them :laugh::whistle:
Yeah, my mum once told me that he had been away for several weeks, only being at home on a Sunday, and I asked her when the 'man' was coming to visit us. I was 3 or 4 years old.

stephec

Legendary Member

That's the same here, although I didn't go to Glasgow docks. :smile:

By the way do you still have the nurses outfit? :wub::blush:

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
If you can't find it then Ann Summers do a very nice one. ^_^

So I'm told anyway. :angel:
:stop:

tony111

Veteran
I wanted,in no particular order to be; a missionary in Africa, a professional footballer/ rugby league player, rock star, astranaut. Ignored those dreams and became a plumber.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I had no career aspirations other than to escape the estate and town I grew up in and be what the Aged P drummed into me as essential; "A good provider" and most definitely not "A non-starter".

Personally I was a bit clearer. I wanted a good stable relationship and a family of my own. Whilst, day-to-day, it is hardly anything like my 'dreams', and there are plenty of bumps in the road, it fits like a glove and I love being a husband to TLH and a dad to two. Even if one of them drives me nuts at times, and me him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom