What do the following things mean?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
1. Recovery ride (when I need recovery, I watch TV!)
2. Training wheels (is this a ploy to get us to buy more wheels?)
3. Commuting bike (isn't this just a racing bike coz you have to get to work fast?)
4. Racing bike (it goes faster than an endurance bike)
5. Endurance bike (do Pashley make endurance bikes giving me all day comfort but not getting very far?)
6. Some cyclists get grumpy because other cyclists do not ride through winter. What's with that?
7. Aero bike (am I just not fast enough to appreciate this style of bike?)
8. If I want to ride 30% hills, 30% flat, 30% gravel, 10% exploring, do I need a partially aero, lightweight gravel fat bike? I see the potential for a new market here.

U

User6179

Some cyclists get grumpy because other cyclists do not ride through winter. What's with that?

Well you have spent a grand on a winter bike and got it fitted with mudguards, spent a fortune on winter clothes and you are sitting on a turbo because its cold outside.
Go out and ride, after 10 minutes you will not be cold and you will enjoy it !

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
If you have a ride today that will leave your legs sore and tired tomorrow, then a shorter, easier ride on the next day will help your legs feel better through being active. If you stay static they’ll continue to hurt.

Ah I see good point. Or a massage?

Also, does it have be a recovery ride? How about a recovery walk or something? (Unless one needs to use the same muscle groups)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Also, does it have be a recovery ride? How about a recovery walk or something? (Unless one needs to use the same muscle groups)

Any light exercise that gets the blood flowing [in the legs] but not too hard is useful for recovery the day after a hard ride.

A recovery ride is called a recovery ride because it involves riding [a bike]. If it involved walking, it would be called a recovery walk. Similarly, a recovery swim is called a recovery swim because it involves swimming.

And yes, a massage is also useful for recovery for the same reasons.

U

User169

3. Commuting bike (isn't this just a racing bike coz you have to get to work fast?)

One I can leave at the train station and not be too upset if it gets stolen - as happened just prior to Christmas.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1. Recovery ride (when I need recovery, I watch TV!)
2. Training wheels (is this a ploy to get us to buy more wheels?)
4. Racing bike (it goes faster than an endurance bike)
5. Endurance bike (do Pashley make endurance bikes giving me all day comfort but not getting very far?)
6. Some cyclists get grumpy because other cyclists do not ride through winter. What's with that?
7. Aero bike (am I just not fast enough to appreciate this style of bike?)
8. If I want to ride 30% hills, 30% flat, 30% gravel, 10% exploring, do I need a partially aero, lightweight gravel fat bike? I see the potential for a new market here.
1, flush the lactic acid and doms , loosen off
2, damn right
3, mudgaurds , rack mounts
4,ass up head down
5, a bit more sit up then 4
6, rule 9
7,minimal gains if you cant get hold of your asthma inhalor
8, video about the "benefits " of new wheels/bikes with a laughing guy but my google fu is not working today

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've sold my turbo because it was taking up space and I never used it because it was so boring and noisy. Have managed to retain a reasonable level of fitness through winter by going out in the cold and manning up, which is much more enjoyable than sweating on a turbo while going nowhere. On a cold winter ride the first couple of miles is always torture until you hit the first climb, slow down and begin to warm up. As a consequence of that training I can now walk from the car park to the office without bothering to don a coat.

Top Bottom