What do the following things mean?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
What are your thoughts on the idea that you should train using your race wheels so you can get used to their handling characteristics?

(I'm not a racer so any thoughts I may have on this matter are strictly second-hand - genuinely interested to get the views of someone who actually races.)
I did for the first year and had to buy new tyres . Mine RRP £70 each , i got them for £50 but that still £100 pointlessly wasted .
I only race TT's and thats a full on effort for the duration of the race . It's not very common to train at that pace . Some people dont even use their race bike for training .
I think once you know your race kit and how far you can push it then you dont really need to train on it . I personally do all of my training rides on my race bike with training wheels . Any other ( longer ) rides i do are on another bike with nice wheels and conti tyres .
But then i'm not racing or training , i'm just riding a bike .

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
1. Recovery ride (when I need recovery, I watch TV!)
2. Training wheels (is this a ploy to get us to buy more wheels?)
3. Commuting bike (isn't this just a racing bike coz you have to get to work fast?)
4. Racing bike (it goes faster than an endurance bike)
5. Endurance bike (do Pashley make endurance bikes giving me all day comfort but not getting very far?)
6. Some cyclists get grumpy because other cyclists do not ride through winter. What's with that?
7. Aero bike (am I just not fast enough to appreciate this style of bike?)
8. If I want to ride 30% hills, 30% flat, 30% gravel, 10% exploring, do I need a partially aero, lightweight gravel fat bike? I see the potential for a new market here.
1. Can't be bothered
2. I want to waste more money on something I don't really need
3. I can't possibly ride my carbon bike when there is a 5% chance of rain
4. I need a bike that will do all of the work for me but still make me look good on Strava
5. I can't stand any bumps from the road at all
6. Hormones
7. For the rider who is incapable of riding against a headwind and for the manufacturer to charge more money for a bike with a slightly different shape
8. You're too fussy

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
1. Recovery ride (when I need recovery, I watch TV!)
2. Training wheels (is this a ploy to get us to buy more wheels?)
3. Commuting bike (isn't this just a racing bike coz you have to get to work fast?)
4. Racing bike (it goes faster than an endurance bike)
5. Endurance bike (do Pashley make endurance bikes giving me all day comfort but not getting very far?)
6. Some cyclists get grumpy because other cyclists do not ride through winter. What's with that?
7. Aero bike (am I just not fast enough to appreciate this style of bike?)
8. If I want to ride 30% hills, 30% flat, 30% gravel, 10% exploring, do I need a partially aero, lightweight gravel fat bike? I see the potential for a new market here.

1. Ride to the pub for a recovery drink
2. Smaller wheels found on Bromptons and skateboards
3. Pot holes scurry and get out the way of this bike
4. Back ache after short ride
5. Back ache after long ride
6. Winter coldism
7. Back ache looking at it
8. A mountain goat, road running, forest skidding, new worlds do it all bike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Same for me, my wallet has mysterious self-emptying powers. Though that may be the kids....

I have that much money in my wallet, I thought I was royalty. They carry as much as me....

Oh look, a moth... :laugh:

Milzy

Guru
It’s all a load of nads. I’ve been using a TCR for Road and Scott MTB for off road. Just clean the muck off afterwards.

Sounds like one of those "how much are you supposed to spend on a wedding ring" kinda things. No one really knows how it went from two weeks wages to three months!
That is not a mystery.

de-beers-diamond-engagement-ring-1.jpg

Top Bottom