What do the following things mean?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Think of the commuter bike as your wife and the race bike as your mistress.

As someone noted, you don't want to get upset if your commuter bike gets stolen from the railway station racks.

I would be very upset if my wife were stolen from the railway station racks - not that I would leave her locked up there in the first place.

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
1, flush the lactic acid and doms , loosen off
2, damn right
3, mudgaurds , rack mounts
4,ass up head down
5, a bit more sit up then 4
6, rule 9
7,minimal gains if you cant get hold of your asthma inhalor
8, video about the "benefits " of new wheels/bikes with a laughing guy but my google fu is not working today
Best answer so far1

1. Recovery ride (when I need recovery, I watch TV!)

3. Commuting bike (isn't this just a racing bike coz you have to get to work fast?)

6. Some cyclists get grumpy because other cyclists do not ride through winter. What's with that?

8. If I want to ride 30% hills, 30% flat, 30% gravel, 10% exploring, do I need a partially aero, lightweight gravel fat bike? I see the potential for a new market here.

Speaking personally:

1: I always assumed that sporty sounding things like recovery rides were out of my league and for people who do crazy stuff like stand on the pedals so they can go faster...

If you have a ride today that will leave your legs sore and tired tomorrow, then a shorter, easier ride on the next day will help your legs feel better through being active. If you stay static they’ll continue to hurt.

...looks like I may need to rethink this. (Edit: Realised this means I have to ride more, but I'll make the sacrifice...)

3: My commuting bike is the perfectly serviceable but clearly elderly and uncool bike, whose man job in life is not to get nicked when parked by various tram stops in Stuttgart.

6: I don't get grumpy: more space for me. They don't know what they're missing though.

8: That's pretty well my commute. Clearly I've been dicing with death for several years...

Levo-Lon

Guru
Recovery ride= a charity ride to celebrate an individual's all clear after cancer or anything that can be terminal..
Morning bike ride after a greedy session.

And as above for lactic excess.

All the other things are a personal mindset i think

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
8. If I want to ride 30% hills, 30% flat, 30% gravel, 10% exploring, do I need a partially aero, lightweight gravel fat bike? I see the potential for a new market here.
A bike similar to the one below, preferably with a lightweight frame, will cover most of your needs:
imneqp1419316388010.jpg

You'll need mudguards, of course, if you're not a wet-arsed winter commuter....

Oh, and it won't get nicked....

sheddy

Legendary Member
Training Wheels = Stabilisers or Balance Bike

Top Bottom