What do you do if your dog dies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
When my Mum's and Dad's dogs (Old English Sheepdogs (x4)) died, we buried them in a field attached to our house.
Oddly I have been thinking about the burial of pets recently as my youngest is hoping to pick up a couple of rescued rabbits this weekend. When my eldest was growing up, our front garden became the repository for a number of creatures: rabbit, fish and even a poorly hedgehog she tried to save. My daughter insisted on a small ceremony for the burials and our (then) regular postman always seemed to arrive mid ceremony.:blush:

longers

Legendary Member
Longers! Where the hell have you been?

Been struggling to keep in touch with folk, that's where!
Not been out on bikes much either. Bought a bloody car and haven't even been commuting.

To keep on thread - We buried Heidi on fathers day this year and luckily had help with digging the hole from a tractor as I'd fell off on a rare bike ride that day and mullered my ribs. Everybodys dog is the best but she was a bit special.

Mind how you go :smile:

Been struggling to keep in touch with folk, that's where!
Not been out on bikes much either. Bought a bloody car and haven't even been commuting.

To keep on thread - We buried Heidi on fathers day this year and luckily had help with digging the hole from a tractor as I'd fell off on a rare bike ride that day and mullered my ribs. Everybodys dog is the best but she was a bit special.

Mind how you go :smile:
I'm sorry to hear that, Longers.

The Ashes of both of my Border Collies reside on one of my bookcases, where I can see them every day

Jack, my Blue Merle, died in late 2005, aged 10, we'd had him since he was 10 week old, & he was scared of Sheep
Gypsy, was a rescue dog, from Leeds NCDL, we only think she was about 2 when we got her, so can only guess that she died at about 11 (2007)

Dogs. Gypsy. 6.9.07.JPG Dogs. Gypsy. Discovery. April 2004.jpg Dogs. Jack. In The Shade of S50 RAT.JPG Jack. 1.jpg Jack. 2.jpg

This almost had me blubbing, as l added, after the pictures of Jack & Gypsy

10553594_813171598705133_8822236712992909102_n.jpg

I quite fancy having mine stuffed.

Lucy loves to roach on her back with all four legs straight up, would make a lovely base for a glass table.
Maggie on the otherhand loves to pounce and worry her toys, head down, bum up, wire her up and shove a bulb in her arse she will make a novelty floor lamp.
Not sure about the boys.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've told my kids I'm getting the dog turned into a draught excluder, one of those you lie across the bottom of the door. :smile:

Top Bottom