What do you do if your dog dies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
i lost my last dog three years ago, he is the retriever in this picture, he was only 10 year old and it happened suddenly due to leukemia. It totally destroyed me for a couple of weeks. We now have the german shepherd in the picture and one of her pups and I don't even want to think about anything happening to them.

View attachment 107430

Ooo that hound on the left is scary, it has the fires of hell burning in its eyes. Or something.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Had the cats cremated after they passed away and buried their ashes

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'll miss my dog when she does eventually pop her clogs, but (unlike most on this thread) I don't think I'll look back... what started out as a dog "for the kids" (oh how naive I was!) is now more or less exclusively my responsibility, hampers potential evenings out after work (someone has to get home to walk the dog etc) and makes holidays problematic and/or expensive... I've decided I will never have another pet... I'm valuing my freedom more as I get it back with the kids' increasing self-reliance and independence :okay:

Reactions: SD1

classic33

Leg End Member
A few months ago I helped a friend who a few months after moving house found a poorly buried dog in the garden. He was doing some simply gardening when he found the dog buried less than an inch below the surface. It was a thoroughly unpleasant task disposing of the considerably smelly remains. If you are going to bury a big animal in your garden, please make sure you dig a big hole - and ideally don't move house within a year or two.
Found multiple skeletal remains when the bushes were replaced with a fence. Later informed, upon mentioning it to the local police, that I should have reported the find to them. They may have been human.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My father was a vet. I grew up with his surgery about fifty yards from our house. Obviously, he was asked to put down lots of dogs and cats. In hot weather, the bodies start to smell really alarmingly quickly. I'm sorry, but it's true. I just want to spare you an unpleasant surprise if you go the DIY route. When our dog was "offed" by the vet three years ago, we paid for him to deal with "the arrangements".

In A505, nec longe a nobis, quod est Cantabrigiae Pet Crematorium maximae reliquiae totius regionis quae circa regionem.

... and now we have Google translate:

In the A505, not far from us, and this is the remains of the most important of the whole of the country with regard to the country of the Cambridge Pet Crematorium.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
In my county, cremation and burial , either in mass area-(used to be required) or at home. I have memorials, but no remains, in front garden. Little boxwood topiary for Missy, a Yellow Labrador and a gem of a dog, and a column for Sophia, a Hurricane Katrina survivor who came to us through many circumstances, and ruled canines in home and neighborhood before passing from bone cancer at 7.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
giphy.gif

Levo-Lon

Guru
My little border wont be long before its border heaven..she doesn't seem to be coping well with being blind ,partially deaf and maybe a little doggy dementia..but when the time comes I'll be very sad, but i wont let her suffer ..she will most likely be buried in the garden under the little tree she spends hrs sitting when the time comes.

Top Bottom