What do you do if your dog dies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
See if it was a country song it'd be more like...

I was sippin whiskey in my pick up truck
When I ran over my dog cos I'm shït outta luck

Then you'd have stuff about; round these parts, a jukebox, the creek, cheatin on yer woman...

Totally different.

I remembered this whilst I was washing the dishes-

View: http://youtu.be/7d4cDMiUarA

SD1

Only leave your dead dog for the vet to dispose of if you are happy for it to be thrown in a skip. A local rescue centre has a pet crematorium with a little garden. It raises money for the centre and is a nice place to say goodbye to a pet and a more dignified end.
Please feel free to supply the evidence that all vets throw pets they have been asked to dispose of, in skips.

DRM

Guru
I'm sure the vet will send them to a medical waste disposal facility where they will probably be incinerated with the human bits and pieces from operations, friends of ours lost their dog and decided that they weren't going to get another,so they gathered up all the tins of food, basket, lead etc and took it to the dog rescue home to donate to them, they were shown round by a grateful member of staff, the only thing was they ended up having to ask for it all back for the dog that picked them while being shown round!

MarkF

Guru
I've buried cats in the garden, neighbours have buried dogs, you have to bury them really deep or they get "resurrected" by foxes. There have been some distressing incidents on my street with the re-appearance of much loved, but very dead pets. xx(

Sara_H

Guru
My cats are both buried in the garden.

As my dogs a big lad (Labrador) I hope he gives us a bit of warning when the time comes as it's gong to take the OH a while to dig the hole big enough.

We may hire a mini digger.

subaqua

What’s the point
I did suggest my brother sold his to the local takeaway , his response was " it's only cos I know you are trying to make me laugh that I won't get angry ya daft bleeder"

Renmurew

Veteran
Each of our old dogs that have died is buried in the garden. It's a big garden. It needs to be with three Great Danes and two German Shepherds in there. Each one is buried with a special toy or blanket and each is in a spot that that was special to him. I keep telling my OH not to get too fond of any particular spot in the garden................

jhawk

Veteran
Not sure what I/we'll do when these two little buggers (one who is staring at my toast as I type) die. :sad: Not something I want to think about as it'll likely utterly destroy me for a while. Always will remember Akaya like this, though!

414374_10150554572203894_136807862_o.jpg

steve50

Disenchanted Member
i lost my last dog three years ago, he is the retriever in this picture, he was only 10 year old and it happened suddenly due to leukemia. It totally destroyed me for a couple of weeks. We now have the german shepherd in the picture and one of her pups and I don't even want to think about anything happening to them.

Photo0234.jpg

Top Bottom