What do you miss from long ago?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I had a 28 inch waist when I got married at 18 years old. That is never coming back the best I have done in recent years is a 34.
I was always built more of a sprinter than a climber but I did lose a lot of weight just before I got married as well. Wasn't sure if it was working on a flare stack in the middle of the north sea trip after trip or if it was just a dose of the worry. Either way, I've been making up for it ever scince. 😊

a.twiddler

Veteran
Vesta Ready Meals. They even did a Biriani at one time (nothing like any Biriani that I ever had in a restaurant, but I liked in itself.) Chicken Supreme, Beef Curry, Paella, Beef Risotto and Chow Mein. The only one you can get now is Chow Mein. All a pale shadow of the real thing that we know now, but a comfort food from times past.

Gunk

Guru
In 20 years time these will probably be the good old days, it’s easy to look back with a rose tinted version of what life was like in the old days. I’m 55 now and my focus is on the here and now, After decades of hard work and being reasonably careful, I’m 5 years off being able to finally be completely financially free, my kids are now nicely balanced teenagers and soon will be young adults, I’m on my second marriage and luckily this one has been a success. I don’t really miss Smash, Vesta’s and Watneys Red Barrell. Frozen mash is better, Tesco’s ready meal curries are brilliant and I much prefer Hob Goblin.

They only thing I do miss is my Mum, it’s such a shame she didn’t see her Grandchildren become the bright and lovely kids they turned out to be.

pawl

Legendary Member
Tractors I could slip stream Haystacks don’t ask me why

a.twiddler

Veteran
Buttocks. When I peer at the sad relics of former glory in the mirror I think, my goodness, where did they go? To think, I even light heartedly thought of changing my name to Butt Buttox at one time, they were that impressive. Now those were the good old days.

a.twiddler

Veteran
The 1970s. For me anyway. Would I like to re live it? Probably not. It is said that you should never go back. But I learnt and experienced so much, and I can still listen to the music anytime.

Top Bottom