What do you miss from long ago?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
As Spike Milligan said: 'Everybody's got to be somewhere.' Which means that wherever you are you cannot be anywhere else. By the same token, everything you do stops you from doing something else. So long as you have a good long list of things to do because you were always doing something else, the notion of missing things from the past does not really apply: those things made up all the experiences you need to do what you are doing now. What's next on the list?

Sunday club runs before Sunday shopping ruined the roads. Not having to justify not wearing a h*lm*t. Standardisation of bike components.
still plenty of standardisation surely if you don't chase the marketing?

Now you mention it yes.😄😄 Probably the ink. Maybe meths? Dunno not sure.
smells are odd things - i suspect we'd both know it instantly if we ever came across it again - but haven't smelt it since very early childhood - presumably something discontinued, possibly for health reasons.

If anyone on here has one stashed away praps they could give it a quick sniff for us.

And report back - if they surface again.

edit - i possibly still have the odd book somewhere with my printing from a John Bull on an inside cover.

DSK

As a little kid I used to stick my leg back, using the heel of my trainer on the back tyre to brake.... brake levers are boring lol.

Now that I'm a parent myself, I understand why my parents were tearing their hair out every weekend when we went to buy trainers.

OP
OP
taximan

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Tuf?
What happened to them?
Simpler simpler times for sure.
[/QUOTE]

Yes I remember Tuf, but what about 'Eagle' shoes? I think they were a junior version of Tuf probably late 50s. I always had a pair just for school etc but the rest of the time it was plimmies in summer & wellies in winter ,

Dave7

Legendary Member
Making a cart from a plank and an old set of pram wheels. A piece of rope to steer it.
I recall deciding to go down a stupidly steep hill to the Mersey. What was I thinking?? Absolutely no chance. I can still see my bleeding knuckles after I flew off.

Top Bottom