What do you miss from long ago?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ruffers

Veteran
1590349892327.jpeg

1590350037462.jpeg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Guards vans on trains. Chuck your bike in, sit in the guards van with it. No need to book.
Good point!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Nothing, everything was sh!t in the 60’s and 70’s, even worse in the 80’s and don’t even get me started on the 90’s. I wouldn’t go back even if I could. Everything is much better now. Even the the telly, ‘cos I don’t watch it.

You more or less have my vote. 60's my teenage years, 70's newly married, mortgaged, winter of discontent, 80's were not too bad, changed wives. 90's struggling to repair my finances and fund children at University. I don't own rose coloured spectacles.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Riding with my cycle buddies and cafe stops...................................

OP
OP
taximan

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Riding with my cycle buddies and cafe stops...................................
one of our regular stops was at Ripon, just off the market place, probably the best cream cakes in Yorkshire. I must make the effort to go and see if it is still there sometime although its probably a 'Subway' now which is not the same thing at all.

Julia9054

Guru
one of our regular stops was at Ripon, just off the market place, probably the best cream cakes in Yorkshire. I must make the effort to go and see if it is still there sometime although its probably a 'Subway' now which is not the same thing at all.
I recommend Oliver's Pantry just off the market square in Ripon.
Gawd, I miss cafe stops . . .

Top Bottom