What do you miss from long ago?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I miss reasonably priced Lego Technic. I was going to buy a pnumatic truck kit I had when I was about 10. Probably 25 quid I thought. No, £189 :ohmy:
Freeform Lego kits used to be the only way to buy. Now you can still get them but most products have a specific plan to follow so you know what to do. Everything is awesome.

mustang1

Legendary Member
It seems this is a cycling related question otherwise I would have said things like:
Free time
No mobile phones and other such tech
Car parking spaces readily available.

But cycling related:
Free time (haha)
No mobile tech to record rides (I suppose today I have a choice).

Wasn't it Clark's Commando shoes that had the compass in them?

Edit: A bit of websurfing confirms the Tuf Wayfinders had the compass (and the animal paw prints) - the Clark's Commando shoes came with a badge ^_^
thanks for that - I remembered them being Tuf.
I well remember nagging my mum for a pair.
I assume there was a premium for the joy of being able to simulate a stampede of small animals.

Nothing, everything was sh!t in the 60’s and 70’s, even worse in the 80’s and don’t even get me started on the 90’s. I wouldn’t go back even if I could. Everything is much better now. Even the the telly, ‘cos I don’t watch it.
At least telly back then was more original its largely repeats now. Other than nostalgia like you there is no way I want to relive the 70s ,80s or 90s (thankfully I missed the 60s) :okay:

The simplicity of life: take the '80s, for example.

At least telly back then was more original its largely repeats now. Other than nostalgia like you there is no way I want to relive the 70s ,80s or 90s (thankfully I missed the 60s) :okay:
What happened at the millennium to lift your mood?
Did I miss a second coming?

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Big family get togethers at my grandparents house.
Racing my mum to the front door in the morning to get the cream at the top of the milk bottle.
'Helping' my dad with DIY jobs around the house and the cars...which were always being fixed/built.
Shooting my brother in the arse with my bb gun :giggle:
Quieter roads. And cars that weren't the size of small houses.

those stencilled pictures on old pint milk bottles.
Quite possibly my first experience of art.
I do seem to remember peering at them for ages.
and you could touch the art - feel it.

colly

Re member eR
In shoe shops: Those boxes where you, as a kid, inserted your feet and looked down through a glass viewer to see the outline of your feet inside the your shoes to see how much room your toes had.
I doubt they were actually x-ray machines but in the 1950's/1960's who knows?

This was a time when kids were given small samples of mercury to hold and examine.

Top Bottom