What do you put in your jersey pockets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great thing about the new fivers is being waterproof I can keep one or two in my zipped pocket and leave it there when I wash the jersey.
Yesterday I found one in my cool weather jacksie that I haven't worn since april

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
How many people have actually landed on something hard in their pocket when falling off?

The argument for all sorts of stuff is "well, when you fall off....." taking first aid boxes, now it's not putting stuff in your pockets

Maybe everyone else is falling off all the time and it's just me that isn't. But my risk is to fall off, in such a way that something hard in my jersey pocket causes me some damage? I'll take my chances for the convenience of having my phone handy

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I put a laminated picture of @Crackle in a jersey in the back pocket of my jersey. It's a bit creepy but, yer know....

7ito5yhesxmehbsppankqtyh5q7tdyile98pp7vt5vn7q4dzdfde5s3dgfd-emazpzls_hjzo94v5tdzwnaszyt5roza-jpg.jpg

Keerrrrrrrist! That, from you......
My suits are cut by Hawkes of Savile Row. Just because the best tailoring you've ever seen is above your f***ing appendix....

Nothing I wouldn't feel happy landing on. After a crash is the one time you actually need a mobile phone so putting it in such a vulnerable position where it can hurt you seems not very sensible. Put hard, sharp and fragile stuff in a saddle/bar/framebag or bento box thingy.

Alan O

Über Member
A copy of Richard's Bicycle Book in my left pocket (for old times' sake, and because my original leather-bound vellum volume is sufficiently weighty to deal a hefty whack to any brigand who tries to deviate me from my honest course), Bradshaw's in my right as it will surely direct me to the most picturesque way home by way of the steam railway should I encounter an insurmountable catastrophe, and a kettle, tea service and a quarter pound of a finest Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe in the middle pocket, as nothing rejuvenates the jaded cyclist like a good cup of tea*.

*I should add that a stove is not required, as any young gentleman who has enjoyed the undivided personal attention of a Boy Scout leader will know how to strike a fire in all circumstances (though I can't quite recall the purpose of the tube of lubricant).

Last edited:
Top Bottom